To Refurb and Sell or Not

Anything F-Type related......
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

Just bought some lovely alloys from Timbo to replace my Chrome 20" Tornado wheels. Very happy.

The Tornados have been kerbed and I am considering refurbishing them with a view to selling them online. I am getting the impression that its simply not worth forking out £250 to refurbish them as I might have to wait 2 years in order to sell them for £300.

Has anyone else ever had success in off loading their old alloys, or is it always going to be a low profit, long drawn out waiting game?
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy

Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Hi, sold mine on here to a forum member ... took a couple of nudges and couple of months but they went to a good home. The cost of your refurb suggests they may not be a stripped, repaired and fully refurbished which in its self could limit your market. A full refurb at around £80-100 per rim will help sell but there are a lot on fleabay advertised around 1200 inc tyres ...

If you’ve bought the ceramic option wheels (cant remember the name/model) that TImbo was running recently they are fabulous wheels for the F-type ... so why not keep yours and have winter rubber fitted? Just a thought if you use all year round ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

It’s never going to be economic to refurb and sell unless you have a mates rates supplier. I do but still sell as-is because you have all the spend and make no more, usually less
People are happy to buy as-is and choose their own finish and colours
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Sell as is? Not everyone is bothered and 20" tornados would be an upgrade for most so with trying to sell. For the record I am the the happy buyer of senninhas wheels ;)
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

Thanks for the advice folks.

Think I will take your advice and store them in the garden, if a winter comes again that call for it I will stick some winter tyres on and have a giggle.
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
scm

Post by scm »

The danger with using winter tyres and having fun is avoiding the morons driving without winter tyres. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

scm wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:44 pm The danger with using winter tyres and having fun is avoiding the morons driving without winter tyres. ;)
I think you are being a bit srong there labelling people as "morons" who don't have winter tyres.
The geography of this country may mean there are parts of the UK where they aren't always necessary.
scm

Post by scm »

PhilB wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:09 am I think you are being a bit strong there labelling people as "morons" who don't have winter tyres.
The geography of this country may mean there are parts of the UK where they aren't always necessary.
I agree, but you're reading more into my words than I put. You're inferring that I meant anyone without winter tyres is a moron, whereas I was merely implying that a moron who happened not be on winter tyres was the danger. All mackerel are fish, but not all fish are mackerel. ;)
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Sounds a bit fishy to me but thanks for the clarification.
;)
scm

Post by scm »

:)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post