Is it all about the Roof .... on a Coupe

Anything F-Type related......

What is your preferred roof for the Coupe ...

Poll ended at Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:34 pm

Body colour aluminium
17%
Panoramic Glass
57%
Carbon Fibre
10%
An opening Panoramic (if it was available)
17%

Total votes: 30

Senninha

Post by Senninha »

When I bought my F-type in 2017 I'd been lurking on the forum for a while and the consensus was that for a coupe you really should buy (new or used) with the Pan roof due to the extra airiness in the cabin and the resale value should you ever need/decide to sell the car.

Over time as more F-Type Coupes have come to market, so have a number of cars without a Pan roof ... and they do appear to take a while to sell as well as being cheaper, I'm guessing due to the lower purchase price as well as desirability?

Fast forward to this summer and we are seeing a number of Jaguar ex-management cars coming to market ... and as many of these have been show/demo cars they are usually of high specification. But I've noticed there are quite a few being offered with the expensive when new full carbon roof. So does this mean there is less importance aligned to the Pan Roof or simply a lot of carbon panels collecting dust by the production line.

So my question is which roof and does it really matter? Does it really impact resale, as carbon definitely seems to attract similar asking prices to Pan and plain no longer seems far behind .... if only they had offered an opening roof for the Coupe ... 8-)

Interested in your thoughts ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!

Steve C

Post by Steve C »

I voted carbon fibre - mainly because it looks great from the outside and as I don't really notice a sunroof when I'm driving - maybe as a passenger but even if get one, that isn't going to happen. Oh, and the weight saving...
Alasdair63

Post by Alasdair63 »

Panoramic lights up the cabin and from the outside the car looks better especially on lighter colours
Corrie grey svr Coupé
Carbon graphite vorsteiner wheels
Kw lowering springs
PB big brakes
Bogrotter

Post by Bogrotter »

Mmmm, it might be about the roof on a coupe - definitely a beautiful car but you can't beat the convertible for driving thrills.
Top down, sunny day, the wind blowing across your bald head, listening to the howl of the exhaust, wow! When needed, press the button, enclose the cockpit and you are in your comfortable cocoon. I'll stick with the drop-top any day
Strewth - it's got a loud button :shock:
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Must have options on my white Coupe...

1. 20” wheels

2. Active Switchable Exhaust

3. Pan Roof

Pan Roof, especially on light/white coupe, day & night more aesthetically pleasing than body coloured. Even more so with Black-Pack. Don’t see point of carbon unless racing it & seconds matter.

IMHO 😄
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

If you changed the question to

If you had an Italian Racing Red FType what kind of roof would you want the answer would be simple... Italian Racing Red.

It’s obvious really as IRR is, by a long step from most, and a small step from Firesand, the most beautiful of all colours, why on earth would you want to see less of it.

Glad we’ve cleared that up.
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Although I wouldn't say no to a car with a pano roof.
vika01

Post by vika01 »

My opinion but I will only buy an F-type coupe if it comes with a body coloured roof. Makes it look sportier and lower. Looks a lot more like the C-X16 that way.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
vika01

Post by vika01 »

Tall dad wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:08 pm If you changed the question to

If you had an Italian Racing Red FType what kind of roof would you want the answer would be simple... Italian Racing Red.

It’s obvious really as IRR is, by a long step from most, and a small step from Firesand, the most beautiful of all colours, why on earth would you want to see less of it.

I know what you mean.

41F238E1-E717-4536-9B1A-370F11625F63.jpeg

2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

vika01 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:46 pm
Tall dad wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:08 pm If you changed the question to

I know what you mean.
Love it when someone posts a picture of a stunningly beautiful car and you’re left thinking ....... ‘I’ve got one of those’ 🤣😂♥️
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post