Sticky steering wheel controls

Anything F-Type related......
Bogrotter

Post by Bogrotter »

Had my car a couple of months now, generally delighted with it but one issue I have is the volume control on the steering wheel - it's hit and miss as to whether it alters the volume, it sometimes needs a hard poke.
Took it back to the dealer who gave me the usual bull dung that it was probably sticky as it hadn't been used for a while & it would get better with use.
This obviously didn't work (why do the dealers assume all customers are stupid?), has anyone had a similar problem? If so, can it be cleaned internally or does it need replacing?
Strewth - it's got a loud button :shock:

ftype88

Post by ftype88 »

I have a similar issue which means i normally do the volume on the central console. mines older and i assumed it was OVERuse not underuse! fwd/back buttons work fine though. I guess it'd need a replacement!
Bogrotter

Post by Bogrotter »

Mine maybe the same. Suppose I will have to enquire as to the replacement cost. Thanks
Strewth - it's got a loud button :shock:
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Mine is the same, they have improved it a couple of times but it reverts....
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

I know this is an old thread, but I used to have this problem on my Mondeo. A squirt of electrical contact cleaner into the crack beside the buttons, then repeatedly pressing the buttons for a few minutes to "work-in" the contact cleaner, would cure the problem.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post