400 Sport Owners - Growler Badge Colour?

Anything F-Type related......
C8NNP

Post by C8NNP »

I'm just wondering what the consensus is amongst 400 Sport owners for the best colour of the main front Growler Badge? Mine is all black with the yellow 400 badges, but the front Growler Badge and centre caps are red. Have owners replaced these badges with the black pack badges, or even gone black/ yellow for the front Growler Badge?

Cheers

basher

Post by basher »

I quite like the red, but would be interested to see what black would look like.

I've got black wheel nuts, courtesy of previous owner, which are an improvement on the default ones. IMHO.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
RRB

Post by RRB »

I'm looking for yellow paint to cover the red....have 3 small pots of modellers enamel so far...struggling to find a good match !

And I've sprayed the chrome F-Type and jaguar on the spoiler matt black (plasti-dip)....much nicer :D with a side benefit that the sun doesn't blind you in the rear view mirror when the spoiler is up
2017 Black 400s convertible :D
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

RRB wrote: ↑Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:56 am I'm looking for yellow paint to cover the red....have 3 small pots of modellers enamel so far...struggling to find a good match !

And I've sprayed the chrome F-Type and jaguar on the spoiler matt black (plasti-dip)....much nicer :D with a side benefit that the sun doesn't blind you in the rear view mirror when the spoiler is up
Is plastidip easy to do and how durable is it? Can you do it while they are on the car?
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

C8NNP wrote: ↑Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:58 am I'm just wondering what the consensus is amongst 400 Sport owners for the best colour of the main front Growler Badge? Mine is all black with the yellow 400 badges, but the front Growler Badge and centre caps are red. Have owners replaced these badges with the black pack badges, or even gone black/ yellow for the front Growler Badge?

Cheers
Hadn't even noticed until you mentioned. Looking out my lounge windows as I type its the yellow 400 on the front splitter that stands out the most. Hadnt even noticed the red.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

I suspect the effectiveness of changes to the badge colour(s) will depend on which of the 3 body colours you have ...

- On white or silver, black hub caps with black rear badges and a yellow growler in the grille should work well ...
- On Black you could maybe even go yellow for the rear badges with black hub caps ... and if you have ceramics you could go yellow on the h/caps

My 2p’s worth ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
RRB

Post by RRB »

daytona650 wrote: ↑Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:56 am
RRB wrote: ↑Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:56 am I'm looking for yellow paint to cover the red....have 3 small pots of modellers enamel so far...struggling to find a good match !

Is plastidip easy to do and how durable is it? Can you do it while they are on the car?
Its very easy actually....I was a little dubious, but watched a few You tube vids. Yes do it on the car, clean the badges, just mask off the back end and leave the badges exposed and an inch or so margin around them, a very light dusting coat to start and just build up layer by layer(allowing it to dry between each coat).....once you have a good few layers just peel off the excess(thats the heart stopping bit) Its been on mine for about 8 months now, survives washing and very quick wind blasts(was at a charity drag race....many 130mph runs in 600m) with no ill effects. :lol

Picture below from this forum....

download/file.php?id=2140
2017 Black 400s convertible :D
C8NNP

Post by C8NNP »

Thank for the input all, and for the pics RRB. πŸ‘

Thinking of doing something like the below. Either that or just one of the early black badges. Looked at the black wheel centre caps on eBay, but reviews aren't great. Whilst on the subject, anyone priced up a 400 sport exterior badge directly from Jaguar? Seen an non OEM for around Β£90....

Cheers

Screenshot_20180929-080852~2.png

Tel

Post by Tel »

I think that looks a bit 'cheap' and 'plasticky'

If you can, get your Black marker pen out and do this:

Growler with shades.jpg

2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more πŸ’©
C8NNP

Post by C8NNP »

Agreed, Tel. It would need to be done with more depth of that (i.e. bits of gray mixed with the black to compliment the side skirts, details, etc) - rather than the above approach.

There's a green and silver one on eBay which is a much better example of finish.

Possibly may just go the OEM black badge route for the growler if it's easy to remove and apply the new one....

Cheers

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post