Moving on from the F-Type a sad day!

Anything F-Type related......
jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

Hi all,

By way of an update I have now sold my beautiful Italian Racing Red V6S Coupe. I really enjoyed the F-Type, loved the car and the brand and wasn’t even thinking off selling. But just over 2 weeks ago I read about the new Alpine A110 over a weekend and on the Monday drove one. Having loved that car but being assured I wouldn’t be able to find a launch Premiere Edition as they sold out 18 months ago and that I would have to wait 12 months for a factory order I didn’t expect to be moving on. However the following Saturday (29th) I found an Alpine Blue unregistered car in Glasgow and agreed to buy, selling my car to Daniel Thomas who were great. I picked up the car last Friday and it is fantastic and Danny sold my car in under a week! I will still keep watching the forum it’s a great group and I love the F-Type and Jaguar more generally. One day I am sure I will come back.

Cheers all.

James.

ftype1.png

20181005_100032.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

a2.jpg

2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades

jimbobc

Post by jimbobc »

IMG_0024.jpg

2014 F-Type V6S Coupe Italian Racing Red with carbon blades
davidd

Post by davidd »

That's a fantastic choice, I'd love one.
Tel

Post by Tel »

James.....oh James...How could you defect to the French??!!!! ;-)

Enjoy it, I was watching the Alpine racing series on telly and thought they look like fun!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Each to their own but i couldnt live with the front end - looks like a Toyota sadly.

I'm sure dynamically it's good as it is very light though.

Sad to see you go....
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Very nice choice and great colour. Especially like some of details such as matching from and rear blue calipers.

Not sure I would swap from an F-Type to an A110 but of course I have never driven one so cannot really comment.

I am partial to a good John Deere though, I see what looks like an X126 in the background. Very nice! Must be a good 3.5k parked there!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Well done you for hunting one down ... I really like the way the external design pays homage to the original, however they could have tried harder internally, even though it does look very functional.

Enjoy the new drive, and maybe you’ll treat us all to a close up by joining a breakfast meet ...

Regards, Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
basher

Post by basher »

Fifth gear did a team review of the new Alpine A110 last week.

Looks beautiful in that colour.
I'm amazed how it sticks to the ceiling! :o
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

I think for that replacement we'll forgive you :) Beautiful, hope to see it in person one day at a meet or trip. Jess

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post