Remap

Anything F-Type related......
AdrianL

Post by AdrianL »

Hi, Anyone had a 2.0L remapped yet , if so what do you think , and by who.Thanks
2019MY i4

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

I do not consider remaping my P300 at all, for several reasons.

Main reason is : I've got warranty ahead of me for many years and like to keep that.

I am not displeased at all with the present mapping ; it responds well, enough power for my use and the dynamic/sport settings cover my needs.

I had my D3 remapped in 2010. Big difference in torque and power, I am still very pleased with that as it also became more economical.

But my LR2 [FL2] which I briefly owned, didn't take after this remapping at all. Not any more power, higher consumption and terrible throttle response... ... so I had it reversed. Reason seems to have been it was a special edition which was already mapped to be as economical as possible.

And then I sold it as it wasn't any good at replacing my D3, which I still own. I am reluctant to ever part with it as its a super nice comfortable long distance 'time machine' given it relocates me hundreds of miles from where I started and then when I arrive, I feel even more rested then when I started . :)
Last edited by Dan_Veluwe on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
AdrianL

Post by AdrianL »

Good points, my reasons for not doing a remap would be the warranty , insurance, and my first drive in the wet wet today and in shocked how bad the P zeros are tottaly rubbish, im amazed they are even on the car, so my money is going on new boots, ill keep these and maybe use them as summer boots.
2019MY i4
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

AdrianL wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:06 pm Good points, my reasons for not doing a remap would be the warranty , insurance, and my first drive in the wet wet today and in shocked how bad the P zeros are tottaly rubbish, im amazed they are even on the car, so my money is going on new boots, ill keep these and maybe use them as summer boots.
A much better use of your money - I can recommend the Michelin PS4S in the wet. The Pzero's are awful.

My worry would be warranty and repair with a remap. Plus they are fast enough these cars in any guise!
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
davidd

Post by davidd »

Another vote for PS4S much better.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I wouldnt mind getting a map but it would be warranty that would be the biggest issue for me.

I previously had a Golf R and wanted that mapped but it went back to the garage over 10 times in total for all sorts of issues that stemed from a failed water pump and in the end VW took it away.

So far the Ftype has had no mechanical issues other than the antenna failing earlier in the year and a slight bump. Id rather have the warranty than an extra %bhp for the time being.

On the point of the P-Zero's. Im not yet seeing the issues other report. My tyres in the summer were 35psi cold and 39psi warm (41psi very hot) and were very good after getting some initial heat in them after a couple of miles. (Which is fine as waiting for engine/oil/etc to warm up).

I went out yesterday in the pouring rain and they were only showing 32psi cold and 33psi when warm and were a bit soft and felt like I was having to correct the car too much over cambers etc. Ive upped them all to 38psi cold so now 39psi warm and have no issues. I mean its cold and pouring with rain with 400bhp so issues can be created I assure you.

For reference my car says 37psi for normal driving and a minimum of 41psi to go past 155mph up to 174 in the car menu/manual.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
vika01

Post by vika01 »

AdrianL wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:06 pm Good points, my reasons for not doing a remap would be the warranty , insurance, and my first drive in the wet wet today and in shocked how bad the P zeros are tottaly rubbish, im amazed they are even on the car, so my money is going on new boots, ill keep these and maybe use them as summer boots.
The P-Zero tires are not good in the wet. Michelin PS4. You basically can't go better than that for the F-type. Best available.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
davidd

Post by davidd »

Mine had P zeros on when I got it (at 4500 miles). The back end was very, very twitchy. Stepping out with alarming regularity.
scm

Post by scm »

simpleR wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:41 am I previously had a Golf R and wanted that mapped but it went back to the garage over 10 times in total for all sorts of issues that stemed from a failed water pump and in the end VW took it away.
Ah, legendary German engineering and reliability. :(
I mean its cold and pouring with rain with 400bhp so issues can be created I assure you.
550 is even more entertaining! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Jatboy

Post by Jatboy »

Get it done, you will be fine..this is JLR so enjoy :)
5.0 RWD R - Polaris
Sold. 5.0 AWD R - Glacier - Stage II

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post