new F Type news

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

BMW V8 power

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-shots/jaguar/f-type/

So-called Project Jennifer is the codename for the BMW-supplied 4.4-litre 560bhp twin-turbo V8, which is due to kick out the long-running supercharged 5.0-litre V8 originally patented by Ford.

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Only to be killed off 5 years later if this "plan" alleged to be under consideration comes true.
Looks like financial suicide to me but WTF do I know ?
:lol:
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indu ... only-brand
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

KASPA, I can not see it , URL does not work : IP-block outside UK ?

Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

PhilB wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:00 pm Only to be killed off 5 years later if this "plan" alleged to be under consideration comes true.
Looks like financial suicide to me but WTF do I know ?
:lol:
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indu ... only-brand
So they plan to take the market lead for ‘affordable’ high end electric vehicles yet still cant deploy an ICE system capable of interfacing to fruit or robots ... would be some change of position given the rest of the market is 5 yrs (at least) ahead of JLR for car comms ....

As you say, WTF do we know ....
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
scm

Post by scm »

Yeah, but if you buy an ordinary car you need something to distract you from the ordinariness - I buy my Jag to drive, not to "communicate".
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Arne

Post by Arne »

I think this is just guessworks and nothing else.

And if it turns out to be true (engine wise), I am very happy that I allready have a 550hp 5.0l V8 with a compressor, instead of a 560hp 4.4l V8 with twin turbo.

I can't say that better mpg is of any consern for me in this kind of car, and I am frankly rather surpriced of how good mpg I can get, if I try - which is no fun...
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post