Potential F Type buyer - which one?

Anything F-Type related......
vika01

Post by vika01 »

scharlton wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:34 am I can't speak for the V6's but my R 2WD is pretty consistent at low 20's for spirited driving and very high 20's for cruising. It wouldn't please the green party but for 570 BHP I'm quite impressed. 70pmh on the motorway is only 1,500 rpm.
Have you modified your cars performance?
570 bhp?
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.

scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Ooops, 550 BHP
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
scm

Post by scm »

Er, 550 PS, "only" 543 bhp ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
SMCN101

Post by SMCN101 »

That sounds like falls into a good bracket as long as the IR claim at the end of the year covers those business miles I would be more than happy, likelihood of me exceeding 10,000 are slim anyways. I live in Glasgow but hopefully will be buying a car this weekend.

Seen a reaaaally nice Black F Type R on Jaguars approved used site, it’s right on the threshold for what I would feel comfortable paying for a car tho. Do they generally have any movement on price for used cars? Never bought a used car before so not sure what the rules of engagement are haha.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

SMCN101 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:06 am Seen a reaaaally nice Black F Type R on Jaguars approved used site, it’s right on the threshold for what I would feel comfortable paying for a car tho. Do they generally have any movement on price for used cars? Never bought a used car before so not sure what the rules of engagement are haha.
Welcome to the forum 👍

Don’t normally look at other cars, on AT, to avoid temptation. However a pal on here is possibly swopping his V6 for a SVR, so I went on to send possibilities 😄

Spotted that black one, if it’s the same one, & it is absolutely stunning. Good luck with your search 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
SMCN101

Post by SMCN101 »

The black one I was looking at was £64,000 with the carbon wheels. Really lovely car, however I would be much happier paying a bit less for it, is there generally any margin used cars for negotiating?
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

SMCN101 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:31 pm The black one I was looking at was £64,000 with the carbon wheels. Really lovely car, however I would be much happier paying a bit less for it, is there generally any margin used cars for negotiating?
The R AWD I went for was posted on Autotrader and within a couple of hours, I had placed a deposit on it. The ad was that fresh there were no pics of the car but it was what I was looking for - AWD, glacier white, black roof & wheels and lots of interior creature comforts. There was no budging on the price at all BUT they really dropped the monthly payments down to what Halifax were offering for a PCP deal (only available to Halifax customers). So, I had basically negotiated a £60 per month difference in monthly payments. The interest rate is 5.4% - Halifax was 4.9% but the monthly payments are exactly the same because Halifax add on a separate fee when you use their finance.
SMCN101

Post by SMCN101 »

That’s a really good deal to be fair, when I spoke to Jaguar I asked them about their interest rates on used cars and they said 10%, I told them that was far too much and I could get my own PCP finance at 5.6% and they said the best they could do was 7%. That was Harwoods though when I was enquiringly about a different car I’m guessing each dealership has their own way of working things. What dealership did you buy through?

I will be using Capital Finance if only I were a Halifax customer instead of TSB , those little percentages add up with expensive cars. It’s not going to break the bank but it’s good to feel your getting the car you want at the best possible price.
scm

Post by scm »

Dazarooni wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:41 pm ... AWD, glacier white, black roof & wheels and lots of interior creature comforts.
Sounds just like mine! You'll love it. :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

SMCN101 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:53 pm That’s a really good deal to be fair, when I spoke to Jaguar I asked them about their interest rates on used cars and they said 10%, I told them that was far too much and I could get my own PCP finance at 5.6% and they said the best they could do was 7%. That was Harwoods though when I was enquiringly about a different car I’m guessing each dealership has their own way of working things. What dealership did you buy through?

I will be using Capital Finance if only I were a Halifax customer instead of TSB , those little percentages add up with expensive cars. It’s not going to break the bank but it’s good to feel your getting the car you want at the best possible price.
Sorry, haven't been on here much lately... Just noticed your reply.

The independent dealer I bought from was called Portland Autos in Doncaster. They have quite a lot of high end cars.

The financed they arranged was through Santander.

The car should have been serviced by the previous owner months before Portland picked it up from him and they noticed it was due a service not long after they got their hands on it and they got it done at the local Jaguar dealership just before I picked it up

All in all a positive buying experience.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post