App

Anything F-Type related......
andrewkidney

Post by andrewkidney »

My App tells me that my brake pads are worn. "seek immediate assistance". I know this is not true because my car has just done 10,000 miles, and has just been sold to me by a main dealer, as Jaguar approved. There are no warning lights on in the car.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Andrew

scm

Post by scm »

Which app?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
andrewkidney

Post by andrewkidney »

I did not know there was more than one. This is the Jaguar Remote App. It allows you start the car remotely and log your journey details etc.

Andrew
scm

Post by scm »

Ah. I didn't realise it gave such warnings. I'd get back to the dealer to sort out, after 10,000 miles the pads might be low, they may have been remiss in checking it out, I had a few things missed when I got mine.

BTW, welcome to the club. ;)
andrewkidney

Post by andrewkidney »

Thank you scm. The dealer is very slow in sorting the problem, despite getting the boffins at Jaguar to help.

Pads have been measured at a main dealer to be 5mm remaining so that explains why it is not causing an alarm in the car. App uninstalled and reloaded and still shows the worn pads alert.

Andrew
scm

Post by scm »

Yeah, I found the selling dealer not very good at diagnosis - I couldn't get the App to connect to my car from my smartphone and they had it for 4 days changing modules, only for it to have made no difference - turned out to be my phone that was incompatible. And they damaged my paintwork while it was in the workshop, but didn't think to inform me. So they've lost my trust, and my future custom.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

scm wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:22 pm And they damaged my paintwork while it was in the workshop, but didn't think to inform me.
So they've lost my trust, and my future custom.
Its easy to think this, but extremely hard to be sure of it. Unless you saw them do it, or its in a place only they had accesss to.

I once was very sure like that. There was a big scratch above the numberplate [ actually it was a crack as turned out later] and I
remembered the dashcam would record as long as the power was on. I watched all 5 hours it was in the workshop .. ..nothing.

Then I watched what happened since. While I was inside the bakery a lady reared her towbar in my bumper, just under the license
plate and drove off. The lower edge of the licenseplate was folded and pulled almost straight again. She never noticed it happen as
she had three young kids in the car making noise. The damage was invisible, covered by the numberplat unless you were about 15m
straight in front of the car or more so you would glance under the license plate.

So I was right it was not damaged when I took the car in, but they didn't do it either. The dashcam gave me the data I needed and
her insurance paid.

The poor lady was very embarressed and send us a bunch of flowers with appologies. I could see in the recordings she didn't notice as
she was looking into her outside mirror for traffic to clear so she could pull out ; I could see her face when it happened in the mirror.
My car was a Smart for Two and this is so narrow she didn't see anything off it in her outside mirror.

Sad thing was : there had not been any reason for her to reverse first as the spot in front was empty. She probably was very
stressed or upset with something and literally 'driving on autopilot'.

[ I just remember : she was pregnant and thought she was going into labour.. :o ].
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Kdes

Post by Kdes »

Simply put, when you use the App your phone talks to Jaguars servers. The server contacts the car over the mobile telephone network and interrogates it. The results are uploaded to jaguar and relayed to your phone. So it’s not a direct link phone to car. If the signal to the car is poor, for example when the car is in my garage, I often get incorrect and random info such as car is unlocked or window open when they aren’t. I also had a service reminder appear on the phone intermittently for a few days.

Kev

Kev
Storm Grey V6 coupe 2016MY
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Just a further point before someone queries the info on the app.
If you are using an iPhone, the app will have an extra page showing things like fluid levels etc etc.
On Android you do not get this separate page but you will get pop up warnings on the homepage for any issues such as low windscreen wash etc.
scm

Post by scm »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:16 am Its easy to think this, but extremely hard to be sure of it. Unless you saw them do it, or its in a place only they had accesss to.
I agree in principle, but the fact that the damage was touched up points at least to someone who had the right paint, and they wanted to keep it in over a weekend instead of giving it back to me on the Friday to let the paint dry was a clincher to me. As you say, it's hard to prove. I didn't think I had to do a walk-round when I collected my car as I trusted them - they abused that trust, so they're out.