Clock auto-changing at end of BST... not

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

Weird. I'd assume the clocks would get their time from a single point. I looked for Clock in my manual and it referred me to page 41 which describes the message centre display but doesn't contain the word "clock" at all. I can only assume Basher's instrument panel and touchscreen are in different timezones ... you don't park in Peachaven across the meridian, do you? Ah, maybe the Meridian sound system is confusing it! ;) (Sorry, got a bit carried away there.)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Yep, the main "clock" is via the main touchscreen on both the 10" Pro and 8" ICT.
It should change both displays automatically via the RDS signal on the Pro and manually on the standard ICT.
Whilst you can't change the time on the Pro system getting in there and changing the formats might poke it into action.
Either that or wait until next spring when it will be correct again.
:D

Mind you, if he is in Peacehaven then maybe he is getting RDS from a French radio station?
I know from sea fishing down there getting a couple of miles offshore my phone was on French mobile services!
:lol:
scm

Post by scm »

I'd assumed the clock is set from an internet time server, otherwise what's the point of being connected?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
basher

Post by basher »

PhilB wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:33 am From the manual:
Screenshot_2018-10-30 Jaguar Owner Information(2).png
Thanks Phil.

That's confusing as my touchscreen clock is correct, so I didn't consider using touchscreen to alter the other display. Manual clearly states using steering wheel controls to alter that display.

I'll try later.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

There is nothing on TOPIx for issues with "time" specifically.

There are multiple threads on the head unit and updates and fixes but without buying a subscription I cannot see the content. IE there might be a known issue on older software versions. There are loads of useful docs in the bulletins section of topics that have come up on here such as brake judder, leaking diff seal, squeaky exhaust valves, headlight condensation, etc etc etc. There are 100's of technical, service, admin bulletins.

There is even one under service bulletins named "SSM72163 - Jaguar F-Type may appear to be too noisy on initial start up" which would be an interesting read!

Access is........
1 hour = £18
1 day = £28
1 week £72
1 month £132
1 year = £691

Perhaps we need a few donations and someone (I don't mind doing it) buys 1 day or 1 week and extracts all the data into PDF. I dont know whether the forum would allow that? but a lot of topics on here, such as headlight condensation topic could be answered with the official Jaguar response straight away (IE I posted the PDF for that for the OP).
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

It hasn't been an issue over on the XE forums so far.
People have paid for a brief subscription and downloaded the particular SSM etc
When confronted with a less than competent service advisor (I'm holding my tongue here) it can be far better to quote the actual SSM bulletin number to them so they know what needs doing.
In many cases the members know more about the issue and how to fix it than they do.
:roll:

Just be careful though as when I last logged in there was a huge new terms and conditions to agree to so they could get snotty if they wished.
I am aware also on other forums like the F-Pace and Discovery Sport there's a lot of info that has been got hold of which has been very helpful.
I think if anything is posted as a PDF for others to download if they wish to then it hasn't been a problem.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

basher wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:27 am I'd read somewhere that the clock may or may not auto-change at end of BST, so I was expecting to have to change mine manually today.

What I discovered is that infotainment clock did change, but not the one in the centre display. :?
#WTF

In an £80K car this is ridiculous.

Yes... I know this is a first world problem.
It's the De Lorean feature Bashe r- now you really can arrive before you set off! :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
basher

Post by basher »

Update...

I cannot change time via touchscreen settings.
Time/date options only relate to 12hr or 24hr clock, and date format.

So I'll have to drive around for the next 6 months in 2 time zones. :roll:
I think I'll go to work in the later zone, and leave work in the early one... and hope my boss doesn't notice. :mrgreen:
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post