This is the 2020 Jaguar F-Type

Anything F-Type related......
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

PhilB wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:53 am Can you clarify the ".5" model year?
This is the only forum where I've seen mention of a half-year change of model/spec?
Was this a one-off with the F-Type to introduce new tech half-way through the model year?
The rest of the Jaguar range introduce the new model year in the spring around March and then that's it until the next year.
Just curious.
Ive been confused about Ftype model years from the start! I have an MY18 400 sport which was for one model year only ordered Jan 17, delivered May 17. Yet a few on here got a late order/delivery of Mar 18 and ended up with an appartent MY18.5 with lane departure assist as an added bonus.

Twice a year seems logical. In VW world it was known as BW22 or BW45 as in build week and you would get varying options and standard kit depending when yours was built.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

It never ceases to cause confusion.
Especially cars delivered a week or two before the My threshold.
As I said, it only seems to be the F-Type that has this half year update.
Maybe they keep forgetting things............ :D
scm

Post by scm »

I vaguely recall that in the x100 they had 0.25 MYs as well.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Fez

Post by Fez »

I confirm the 400 had a MY update half way through the year (18 and 18.5). This was explain in the brochures *Jaguar have the right to change specification at any time. The lane departure was one of the changes. The 400 was limited to one model year not one specification! The model year for the 400 was 1 March 2017 to 28 Feb 2018 (manufacturing) hence some registered on 18 plates. It's all in the detail......
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post