Running in a new F-Type?

Anything F-Type related......
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

TopCat wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:23 pm
I wouldn’t have a remap whilst car in warranty as if you have problems they are likely to point to the remap as probable cause.
Its a possibility but highly unlikely any main dealer would have the equipment to identify a correctly applied mapping. I’ve been mapping Merc’s for almost a decade and not experienced issues, even when needing warranty work.

The 380 is a remap over the 340, as is the 400 sport so done properly, a GAD or VAP remap isn’t going to stress the engine ... you’ll do more damage driving hard on a cold engine or with poor quality oil/filters ... both these providers ensure a resilient safety margin in their mapping to avoid over revving which is the key activity to blowing up oil pumps and detonating engines.

In the real world you are unlikely to ‘need’ more than the 340, but you may ‘want’ more ... the extra torque would be nice but the HP will only kick in over 5k so unless you’re tracking and using the autobahn regularly, spend the mapping money on pad upgrades and driver training and you’ll probably out drive most other F-Types anyway ;)
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post