Meridian upgrade options?

Anything F-Type related......
ludders62

Post by ludders62 »

He won’t have a long wait, I’ve just acquired the premium speakers last week, just waiting for some good weather to do the sound deadening. Check YouTube for recent f type speaker upgrade. As for f type speaker xuniqueness, is it a coincidence that the 2010-2012 XJ (X351) speakers are an exact match with F Type, including OEM part number?

scm

Post by scm »

ludders62 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:47 amAs for f type speaker uniqueness, is it a coincidence that the 2010-2012 XJ (X351) speakers are an exact match with F Type, including OEM part number?
Yes. There's nothing to say that a system tailored fo rthe F-Type can't use existing components that meet the requirements - that makes sound commercial sense. No-one said the F-Type system was unique, just that Meridian tailored it to the car.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
ludders62

Post by ludders62 »

Hi Guys
The weather was good today so I did my stage 1 upgrade. WOW, it reminded me of the first time I drove my f type, a massive smile, only now I’m doubling the grin. The improvement is like night and day, clarity of sound, impressive bass and significantly, I can max out the volume without any distortion. This upgrade is all I will ever need for my F Type R. Happy days.
basher

Post by basher »

ludders62 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:45 pm Hi Guys
The weather was good today so I did my stage 1 upgrade. WOW, it reminded me of the first time I drove my f type, a massive smile, only now I’m doubling the grin. The improvement is like night and day, clarity of sound, impressive bass and significantly, I can max out the volume without any distortion. This upgrade is all I will ever need for my F Type R. Happy days.
Nice one!

Just for clarity, as this is a long thread, can you summarise what you did. Thanks.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

ludders62 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:45 pm Hi Guys

Sounds like a great upgrade for £300, something others on here would wish to do. Can you let us know where you sourced the premium speakers from?
ludders62

Post by ludders62 »

I used dodo mat to insulate the inner door skins, outer door frame and door card, then replaced the tweeters with titanium ones, replaced the mid range with Kevlar coned Jaguar OEMs and replaced the door subwoofers with Kevlar coned signature speakers. I have taken pictures but I’m usable to upload it to this forum.
ludders62

Post by ludders62 »

Pics of upgrade

D993EFDA-55C6-4914-BC06-A29F556C3084.jpeg

9C9243F7-7F5E-49A4-9E6D-4511A6C818DF.jpeg

EC7F56A1-9C45-4E40-8404-628BBDBB2148.jpeg

Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Nice Job and Thanks for the Pics, This is soooo tempting...

Interestingly I have the Surround Meridian 770, but the tweeters can be seen to be the lower spec, not with the curved propeller grills as in your picture.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I've done the same. With the 770w I also changed the centre dash speaker. I'm not sure if it's due to resistance differences, but I find the centre speaker too loud in the surround mixes, so I'm using the stereo setting, which I am very pleased with. Maybe if you do yours you might want to consider an attenuator on the centre wiring?
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Rimbo

Post by Rimbo »

Are there any companies that would do this for a reasonable price? I've searched a couple of times and the prices I get back are eye-watering to say the least! I'm rubbish at anything mechanical (apart from easy-peezy stuff), so would be loathe to try it myself. Ludderz62 you don't fancy earning some extra cash do you!?? :D :D
Salsa Red MY14
V6 3.0 Supercharged

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post