Meridian upgrade options?

Anything F-Type related......
Jimbo095

Post by Jimbo095 »

Ok I’ve tried to resist and try and convince myself that the 380w meridian system is ok, for me it simply is way way off. I’m not posting to debate the 380 v 770 option as I have the standard, I also don’t need recommendations on listening to the exhaust, I like the choice of music or car noise! So, can anyone advise on options they have tried to upgrade their system? From upgraded speakers, dynamat insulation etc to anything else folk can recommend!

Incidentally my issue is buzzing/vibrating from door speakers and the behind the seats speakers. I occasionally like loudish music and the distortion does my head in, I’m not talking particular loud, either. As an example, if I play ‘Tilted’ by Christine and the Queens the intro is a cacophony of buzzing and vibration! My bass is actually set quite low to try and mitigate but no joy, I’m talking no more than two thirds volume either. Incidenstlly dealer has had it once but diagnosed a vibrating door mirror switch, don’t think they had the door cards off. Thanks in advance good people...

Jimbo095

Post by Jimbo095 »

Surprised, nobody made any modifications/improvements? Or was it my taste in music, i promise it was merely a sample song that really highlights the buzzing/distortion!! :lol:
scm

Post by scm »

I've not noticed anything amiss with my system - it's at least as good (to my ears) as the B&W system in my previous XKR.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Alasdair63

Post by Alasdair63 »

I had the 770 Watt in my v6, I recently purchased a svr which has the 380 watt. The sound from the 770 was definitely a lot better and no distortion like I have now.
Corrie grey svr Coupé
Carbon graphite vorsteiner wheels
Kw lowering springs
PB big brakes
basher

Post by basher »

Alasdair63 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:43 pm I had the 770 Watt in my v6, I recently purchased a svr which has the 380 watt.
Hey Alasdair... you've got an SVR now? What? When? Tell us more... with pics! 😉
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Off topic ... his SVR looks stunning ... separate thread needed :)

On topic ... i too suffered from the buzzing/distortion even with the 770 that came with the car ... a visit to the local ICE dealer and for not a lot of ££, he stripped the panels and installed insulation material, refitted all the panels and the annoying noises had gone and the music was much better without upgrading any of the system ...

I’d suggest the same for yours and then if you need more they will be able to offer upgraded speakers to the OEM enclosures ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Jimbo095

Post by Jimbo095 »

Thanks peeps, yes I think the dynamat route will be option 1 and then component upgrade if need be. Time to find a reputable ICE company in my area!!!
V8FTY

Post by V8FTY »

I have the 770W in my SVR and had the 380 previously in a V8R - the difference is noticeable in overall improved sound quality however the installation of the speakers is poor and and occassional vibration is noticeable at times. I am also experiencing a clicking noise through the system both on Radio and I Pod / Phone connection and Bluetooth, along with ICTP freezing issues - the car is with the dealer again today.
V8FTY

Post by V8FTY »

Just had Car Play installed to fix the bluetooth / ICTP issues - not only does everything now work, the crackling has gone and the sound is much improved!
scm

Post by scm »

So nothing to do with the poor installation of the speakers, then? ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post