Meridian upgrade options?

Anything F-Type related......
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

ludders62 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:44 pm I have a 2018 F type R and I have never been satisfied with the Meridian system. I have done some research and it strikes me that Jaguar did not commission a sound system unique to the F Type instead they simply used existing systems from existing models, specifically the x351 (XJ) 2010-2012 and I believe in some cases the Range Rover.
The x351 came with two systems, the standard and the premium, they fitted the standard speakers to all F Types, rather than use the premium ones.
I have acquired a full set of premium speakers for my car which comprises of 2x titanium tweeters, 2 x mid range 4” Kevlar coned speakers and 2x 8” premium Kevlar coned subwoofers. Total cost £278. I intended to use sound deadening dodo mat (20sqm) £29.99.
So £300 to upgrade. I will wait for warmer weather to do a good job of the sound insulation. Will keep you posted. Ludders
I'll be very interested to see how you get on. I have the basic system and am unimpressed with it. I've been following this and similar posts and am considering doing the same as you. I look forward to your update posts.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D

ralphr1780

Post by ralphr1780 »

NavigatorNI wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:40 pm
ludders62 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:44 pm I have a 2018 F type R and I have never been satisfied with the Meridian system. I have done some research and it strikes me that Jaguar did not commission a sound system unique to the F Type instead they simply used existing systems from existing models, specifically the x351 (XJ) 2010-2012 and I believe in some cases the Range Rover.
The x351 came with two systems, the standard and the premium, they fitted the standard speakers to all F Types, rather than use the premium ones.
I have acquired a full set of premium speakers for my car which comprises of 2x titanium tweeters, 2 x mid range 4” Kevlar coned speakers and 2x 8” premium Kevlar coned subwoofers. Total cost £278. I intended to use sound deadening dodo mat (20sqm) £29.99.
So £300 to upgrade. I will wait for warmer weather to do a good job of the sound insulation. Will keep you posted. Ludders
I'll be very interested to see how you get on. I have the basic system and am unimpressed with it. I've been following this and similar posts and am considering doing the same as you. I look forward to your update posts.
+1
ralph
V6S-AWD-Coupé-LHD-Caldera Red-MY20 aka Red Devil
SVR-Coupé-LHD-Santorini Black-MY20 aka Nyx
Rimbo

Post by Rimbo »

Sorry, what's an ICE company?
Salsa Red MY14
V6 3.0 Supercharged
scm

Post by scm »

In Car Entertainment ....
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Oooh, "that" in car entertainment - gotcha :?
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
davidd

Post by davidd »

You are wrong, it was designed for the Ftype. Obviously to JLR's requirements and budget.
Jabbar1971

Post by Jabbar1971 »

Hi. I’m a new F Type owner. Collected my car on 30 December and have 380w system.

I’ve come out of a RR Velar where I had the 1600w system. The 380w system is ‘ok’ and I do regret not going for the 780w system.

I like my music so have always upgraded the sound system.

Anyhow, it’s my weekend car and glad that for my weekday Audi A3 I’ve gone for the B&O 750w system when it arrives in March 2021.
2021MY P300 1st Edition Coupe, Eiger Grey, with Climate, Privacy, Black Pack, Heated/cooled seats and Tracker.
badger

Post by badger »

although i love the soundtrack of my f type's exhaust there are times when i want to listen to some music, the standard ice system is pretty average so i would also be interested how the op gets on.
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)
Tel

Post by Tel »

badger wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:45 am although i love the soundtrack of my f type's exhaust there are times when i want to listen to some music, the standard ice system is pretty average so i would also be interested how the op gets on.
You may be in for a long wait....the OP's topic is a couple of years old!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
badger

Post by badger »

Tel wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:59 pm
badger wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:45 am although i love the soundtrack of my f type's exhaust there are times when i want to listen to some music, the standard ice system is pretty average so i would also be interested how the op gets on.
You may be in for a long wait....the OP's topic is a couple of years old!
:lol: :lol: have to look into it myself then!
2015 polaris white s.
panoramic roof, black design pack, climate pack, parking pack ,heated performance seats, red belts, flat bottom steering wheel, 20'' tornado wheels, powered tailgate, black badges. (now sold)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post