Very cheap insurance

Anything F-Type related......
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

pinballpaul wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:34 pm I just renewed the insurance on my F-type and did a joint policy with my Volvo XC60 with LV.

Last year my Volvo only was £240, this year I added the F-Type and it was £275. So only £35 extra to add the F-type. Seems like a good deal to me. It was going to be £85 more, but by adding my wife, who never drives the F-type, it made it £50 cheaper.

I've got no connection to LV, just thought others might benefit from it....
You should be careful in stating that your wife NEVER drives the F Type, if you really mean not often This is clear in many policies that it can invalidate the insurance. Not dissimilar, but not the same as 'fronting', where you are changing the main driver to reduce costs. That gets claims invalidated, subsequent policies higher costs and possible 6 points on a licence in an accident

Here's a quote from Confused where they are explaining adding additional drivers to reduce costs:
'Be careful though. Additional drivers should only be added if they do drive the car occasionally. And you should be the main driver.'

Personally I'd check the policy and make sure she does drive it even if not often
Last edited by cj10jeeper on Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

dbv6s wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:08 am Scott, have a look at occupation as well.

For reference, I’m 27
10 yrs protected no claims, no points
V6s
Parked on my drive
Social & business use
12,000miles/yr
£900/yr - That’s with admiral
Yeah I've had a play around with occupation and adding or removing the wife and it makes next to no difference +/- £20 at most.

I'm going to have a couple of hours on Monday and have a play around with loads of variables.

I'm 39
10 yrs protected no claims, no points
V6-400
Parked on my drive
Social & business use
15,000miles/yr
£861 renewal price with morethan
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

OK, so done some comparisons today.

Factors
-----------
Job Descriptions - seem to vary pricing by +/- £20

Second Driver - Adding wife as second driver is always a reduction but varied between £25 - £290 (she does use it at weekends for hair and nails!)

Post code - Seems the major difference, post code risk database is here - http://www.carinsuranceexplained.com/ca ... -list.html - I am B rated as low risk. Changing to F very high risk reduces options from hundreds to just a hand full all over £2k

Tracker - doesn't seem to reduce pricing, maybe only £10 - £15, but does open up 50+ underwriters and quotes

Mileage - Renewal was at 15k 50/50 personal/business. Changing to 10k reduces premium by 25%. This is the biggest change other than post code which is near impossible to change easily. I only did 7k last year.

So, last year £596 with Morethan. Cheapest was Morethan renewal at £861 but I noted on the renewal that my two claims were missing! Comparison websites were all £1000+ and non comparison such as Directline, LV, Aviva, Admiral were all £1100+. This is why a new Morethan quote was £1233.

So gave Morethan a call and logged a complaint that their renewal was incorrect and missing information which if I hadn't of noticed could of cost me if I had to claim in the future and I was not happy at all with renewal accuracy or price. The result? £663 - paid for it on card straightaway.

Shopping around is a must. But calling current provider and seeing what they can do is also a huge advantage. Sorted!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
basher

Post by basher »

Great result. Congrats.

I play the game every year. Been with direct line for 20+ years, including house insurance. I always compare annual renewal quote with other lenders and as a new online customer with direct line.

I call direct line, and always end up paying around the same again, if not less, than previous year, even though renewal quote goes up by 100s every year.

Takes maybe 1 hour. That's a fantastic hourly rate. :lol:
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
greg_rovers

Post by greg_rovers »

I wish I could say the same, £740 for myself and my girlfriend to be ensured on the F-type and a 6 year old focus.

Does anyone know of any other companies relatively cheap for F-Types? Annoying that you can’t compare for multi-care.
DFW

Post by DFW »

I use admiral, long no claims with them, but a gap when i was out of the country so they wont let me switch and take it with me.

About £600 for v8 ftype and a seat runabout.

It's no way as cheap as OP, but i know a lot of people with much tamer cars paying much more, so i don't think it's too bad.
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

I’m paying £850 a year for a 1.4 polo! Only because my daughters both drive it 🙄

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post