Remus Exhaust details

Anything F-Type related......
DP AUTO ELECTRICS

Post by DP AUTO ELECTRICS »

I’ve fitted a Remus cat back and can say normal running around is just as nice as stock, then put my foot down and hell is let loose it’s nuts I expect to see the Devil in the mirror ripping up the road and the overrun well it sounds like war, smiles from ear to ear

nebby555

Post by nebby555 »

Hi all, new to the forums today. Torn between Remus and Velocity AP. As i've not heard either other than youtube its a tough one. Looking for more volume as find the stock to quiet but at the same time the stock does have some lovely overrun sounds. Hopefully theres some opinions out there as short of buying both and trying its hard to know what to go for.
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

Ap velocity valved or pop some soprtscats on
Their sportscats and my standard backbox is valves closed like stoxk but open the valves and its awesome
probbins2000

Post by probbins2000 »

I do not have my f-type anymore but I made this short video of the car with the Remus exhaust before I said goodbye.

it may be of some use if you are deciding which exhaust option to go for

V6 Coupe British Racing Green
RRB

Post by RRB »

captainham wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:29 pm
probbins2000 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:36 pm
captainham wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:06 pm I'm off to David Appleby Engineering on Monday next week to get a Velocity AP cat-back fitted, can't wait for a bit more noise!
Great, let us know what the results are like
The results are in. It was a 90 min drive back from DAE and my cheeks were hurting by the end, cos I smiled like a loon the whole way back :)

Fuel economy wasn't great either as I did the motorway section in 6th rather than 8th, just because it sounds so damned good. I'm chuffed with the result.

I wouldn't say it's any louder when the valve is closed, it's just a different tone (and a pleasant one at that), a bit more 'cultured' almost, but it's also not "Chav Loud" when the valves are open although certainly louder than stock. But it really barks when you gun it with the valve open, plus you get plenty more pop and crackle too.

It's exactly what I was looking for...we're not talking "Max Power"-type tuning here, just a bit different and with a voice that's throatier enough compared to standard to be noticeable but certainly not outrageous.

Was also really happy with the workshop - James @ DAE is a lovely bloke, let me have a poke around the GT4 F-Type racers that they maintain there (posted pics of these in the Gallery section). I'll definitely be going back there at some point for the tune and pulley kit, but I want to enjoy the exhaust as it for now before doing anything more serious with it just yet.

They also do induction kits plus a "whine inhibitor removal" kit which I'm tempted by...JLR went to some lengths to suppress the noise of the supercharger whine and the DAE kit undoes that and gives it a bit more of a voice... :)

Really crappy pic below, sorry for quality but my phone didn't like the bright workshop lights.

IMG_20181126_101415.jpg
Which Velocity exhaust did you go for ? Touring or Super Sport??

Cheers
2017 Black 400s convertible :D
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Can I just ask about MOT time. Do I assume you refit the cats just for the test.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
captainham

Post by captainham »

RRB wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:46 pm Which Velocity exhaust did you go for ? Touring or Super Sport??

Cheers
Valvetronic as I still wanted to retain the active exhaust switch.
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
Markusd

Post by Markusd »

Hi at all. I have ordered a remus catback exhaust system to my v6 p340.

Does anyone know how to fit the middle pipe to the cat pipe? There are no mounting screws or clips in the package.

Does anyone have a photo or describe which clips i will need?

I have a my20 so it has gpf fitted if it does matter.

I hope some one have informations about it. The mounting instructions of remus doesńt help me further.

Thanks
F Type P340 Cabriolet Chequered Flag Edition MY20 with GPF

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post