First Service

Anything F-Type related......
gkeevash

Post by gkeevash »

Hi All

Wow the last 12 months has just whizzed by, a great summer, hood down and great tones, it's been a blast! :D

Later this month my car is going in for its first service, so wishing to tap into the much wider base of experience from this forum, I was wondering if there was anything I should be getting the dealer to check whilst it's in for the service.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards
Gazza
2018MY, F-Type 400 Sport Convertible RWD, Black
2010 XKR 5.0 Convertible
2006 XK 4.2
2001 Nissan Skyline R33 Twin Turbo
1996 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo

scm

Post by scm »

Some on here have noted rust on the rear subframe, which they got the dealer to sort out.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Any panel alignment such as front bumper to wing seems to be a regular exercise along with the subframe as mentioned by SCM
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
dirk_BE

Post by dirk_BE »

Ask for software updates from motormanagement and infotainment.
current: F-type 2.0L 2018; XJSC 3.6L 1987; E-type OTS 4.2L 1968
sold: mk2 3.8L 1962
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

scm wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:17 pm Some on here have noted rust on the rear subframe, which they got the dealer to sort out.
There is now a bulletin on Topix under Special Service Message on bulletin section.
"Jaguar X152 SSM74031 underbody brace corrosion"

Unsure if anyone can grab a copy and post. Would be interesting to see Jaguar official line on the topic.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello ...

This would be good to have this data
Tel

Post by Tel »

gkeevash wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:08 pm Hi All

Wow the last 12 months has just whizzed by, a great summer, hood down and great tones, it's been a blast! :D

Later this month my car is going in for its first service, so wishing to tap into the much wider base of experience from this forum, I was wondering if there was anything I should be getting the dealer to check whilst it's in for the service.

Thanks in advance.
Kind of depends on the year... You don't mention which model and year you have. Please ad this info to your signature.

A few things that are well worth a check;

Ask the retailer to check all 4 wheels for alignment.

Check that they drain the oil via the sump plug as opposed to vacuuming it out.

Ensure that they don't wash/valet your car. JLR employ very cheap labour and it's evident in the state of the paintwork.

HTH.
Last edited by Tel on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Jason B

Post by Jason B »

Certainly ask for all available software updates, has improved things for me such as multimedia, traffic sign recognition, reversing camera etc.
2.0L MY2018 Caldera Red.
gkeevash

Post by gkeevash »

Well, the cars in for its first service today, I raised the point wrt any software updates, surprised by the dealers response, they advised they only update software if a fault is reported. However they are checking why there is no Wi-fi hotspot.

Sometimes wonder with these dealerships whether it’s best to stick with the principle that “if if ain’t broke don’t fix it” rather than risk the dealer screwing things up. Especially as the sevice receptionist didn’t inspire me with any real confidence. Dealer also advised that they always drain oil from the sump on these. Asked them to check wheel alignment to they said they would check for any uneven tyre wear, which is not the same in my book.

They’re also going to take a video of the underneath of the car to show any cossosion.
Best Regards
Gazza
2018MY, F-Type 400 Sport Convertible RWD, Black
2010 XKR 5.0 Convertible
2006 XK 4.2
2001 Nissan Skyline R33 Twin Turbo
1996 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
Tel

Post by Tel »

The Stealership I have used check the 4 wheel alignment with their sooper dooper laser system without me asking, which I thought was rather good of them... Matford Jaguar if you're wondering.

Good to hear hat they drain from the sump, you can check by asking for the old sump plug washer if you're really paranoid!
Most folk will argue that the vacuum method takes out all the oil... Indeed it does, but gravity does a better job with the heavier particulates that can't be sucked up.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩