Should I get an SVR

Anything F-Type related......
Gom Jabbar

Post by Gom Jabbar »

I’ve been a very happy V6 S owner for 18 months now but a surprise windfall has put a used SVR within my grasp. I’ve lusted after one for a long time but I’m also so happy with the S. Will I still smile as much after parting with the S and adding another £40k to fund the SVR. The appeal of such a “special” vehicle to keep forever is very strong. Anyone made that leap....or is an AWD R also as good perhaps?
2018 F-Type SVR in Caldera Red with a huge amount of toys yet to be explored!

Uli

Post by Uli »

Had the 2016 V8 AWD R before, changed it for the 2018 SVR and I'm very very happy! Everting is optimized so fine and so precise! Have it since beginning of the year and today every km is the same fun as I had the first day.
So if I would be in your situation with my experience, I would buy the SVR.

Regards from Germany
Uli
F-Type SVR, My 18, black (what else;), Carbon Ceramics, ...
Jatboy

Post by Jatboy »

You only live once! If you can comfortably afford either then you will love the 5.0V8. Mine could be an option for you as an alternative to the SVR. I just put up an add in the classifieds
5.0 RWD R - Polaris
Sold. 5.0 AWD R - Glacier - Stage II
Tel

Post by Tel »

You could afford a good used 2wd R. They really make the 4wd F's feel numb... I may be a tad biased, but having driven the SVR and the AWD R hard it's backed by a little experience.

Depends what you want out of the car really.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

An economist would ask what is the opportunity cost of you buying an SVR, ie what is the next best thing you can do with the cash injection.

Is not having 2nd best reason enough not to buy it?

If not then get on with living, you only come this way once, there is no rehearsal.

In fact, get off this website now! Go and order your new baby. Go!

Go!
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

well .. if I had the funds (which I haven't) :cry:

I would 100% go for the SVR or R :)
scm

Post by scm »

Gom Jabbar wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:38 pm ... a surprise windfall has put a used SVR within my grasp. I’ve lusted after one for a long time ...
You've answered your own question right there! :D
Wish I could have bought my R with apples! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

For very relevant feedback, reach out to Alasdair63 who has upgraded from V6 to SVR ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Senninha wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:22 pm For very relevant feedback, reach out to Alasdair63 who has upgraded from V6 to SVR ...
Hearing on the grapevine, he’s adding a few tweaks to it too 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
V8FTY

Post by V8FTY »

I had a V8 Convertible at launch in 2013, swapped for an XKR-S in 2015 (one of the last ones made - awesome car and still issed). I then bought a V8R AWD in 2017 and then just upgraded to the SVR this May - it is worth every penny - just a bit sharper all round, better ride and more direct steering.

Whilst I do like a lairy RWD car, in Dynamic and Trac DSC (default setting for most journeys), it handles like a RWD with a subtle security blanket and I can guarantee sideways opportunities (especially around Croft Circuit on my last visit) are easy to set up and hold!

The tyres are nearly ready to be swapped for a nice set of Michelin Sport 4S which I am confident will improve everything a little more still.