Convertible Cleaner & Protector

Anything F-Type related......
gkeevash

Post by gkeevash »

Hi There

Does anyone have any experience or can provide any recommendations on the best cleaner and protector for a convertible/soft top I’ve been using Autoglym and the protector doesn’t seem to repel water for long. Looking for something that’s going to last the winter, any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Gazza
2018MY, F-Type 400 Sport Convertible RWD, Black
2010 XKR 5.0 Convertible
2006 XK 4.2
2001 Nissan Skyline R33 Twin Turbo
1996 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Hi Gazza,

Interesting you say that - I found it good stuff and water beads really well as you can see.

Unless you can do it in a garage it's probably getting a bit late in the year for a warm day now, and of course you need to let it dry properly after application too, which is a bit of a gamble.

I found the main thing is to not be scared to really rub at it with the hard sponge to get all the old chemicals and crxp off before applying a few coats of the new one. You'll need to spend about 1/2 hour rubbing and rinsing down with a watering can or hose before you see the end of all the suds it produces.

A bottle does 2 applications so if you've half a bottle left it might be worth another go.

A colleague at work with an MG-TF recommended brick sealant! - he does have a leak, but even so.

IMG_0313.JPG

MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
chicb

Post by chicb »

I used Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric to protect my roof. Very pleased, water collects in beads then blows off. Cover up paintwork & glass before starting. If any does get on paint it can be easily wiped off, but if left it forms a hard glass like mark which needs a Polisher to remove (don't ask how I know this :oops: ) I thought 500ml would do but had to buy another, so you need 1 litre.
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Tel

Post by Tel »

+1 for the Gtechniq fabric protectant. I use it on all the interior carpets too
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap