F type depreciation/ value

Anything F-Type related......
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

cj10jeeper wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:11 am Surely this is a depreciation thread, not tracing old other model cars?
Shouldn’t it have its own thread?
I tend to agree and like a lot of threads this one has morphed a bit sideways.
If you want to keep simpleR wearing down his fingernails with his exceptional investigations then I think a new topic is called for.
:D

01286p

Post by 01286p »

Having owned my 66 plated Italian Racing Red with Panoramic Roof, Switchable Exhaust, Meridian Sound, 12 way seats in contrasting Ivory Leather,
Heated Windscreen,Rear Camera, Black External Trim and 20 inch wheels for 18 ,000 fantastic,glorious fun filled miles I thought of selling it...looked on "we but any car" and was offered £30.5k.....so I would say that depreciation is horrendous especially considering that there is one more Service left on the plan as well as the 11 months of Jaguar Warranty and assistance. Somebody will get a fantastic bargain when it is bought.
scm

Post by scm »

We buy any car will always give the lowest it thinks it can get away with, not truly representative of a car's real value. Look at ads for similar vehicle to get an idea of what they're actually selling for.

The real question, though, is what are you thinking? Selling it? :o
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Hi SimpleR

I'VE just purchased a 2017 SVR - could you do a search for me please if i provide a reg
scm

Post by scm »

Backofthenet wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:50 pm Hi SimpleR

I'VE just purchased a 2017 SVR - could you do a search for me please if i provide a reg
Please do what PhilB suggested in the above post and start a new thread entitled something along the lines fo "Find the vehicle please".
This thread is about depreciation and value so unless you can convince us that knowing car details is relevant, this is off-topic.
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

On Topic of depreciation I just p/x my F-Type R for an SVR

The F-Type R was a 2014 plate and mega spec including carbon ceramic brakes, panoramic roof etc in Italian Racing Red only 15900 miles full service etc

i paid £53K in August 2017 and have just taken £40.5K p/x value so £12.5K depn in just under 18 months!! and suspect the stealer will whack it up for £47K.

In fairness got a good deal on the SVR but suspect that will depreciate at same rate - still - didnt stop me getting one :-)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Backofthenet wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:50 pm Hi SimpleR

Yes....... (start a new thread though to save high-jacking this one)
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

New thread started :-)
scm

Post by scm »

Backofthenet wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:58 pm i paid £53K in August 2017 and have just taken £40.5K p/x value so £12.5K depn in just under 18 months!! and suspect the stealer will whack it up for £47K.
It's always tricky to compare selling price against buy-in price - the dealer has to make a margin, so that's not really part of the depreciation figure. And trade-ins are doubly tricky because you never know how much "discount" is being added to the value of the traded car.

Anyway, you have to consider the enjoyment you've had out of the car - you can't put a price on that! ;)
Skid1768

Post by Skid1768 »

So, I have sold my car, didn't get anything near what I wanted for it but the second hand market is rubbish, for the marque and it is better to have the cash in your hand than a car sat on your drive doing nothing but losing value. So, I ma looking at cars, trawling the internet at present and I am struggling to decide what colour to go for. I decide that I am not going to have white but then I see a real ice one, okay then I won't go for black, but again, I see a really nice one. So, just have to see what grabs my heart. With that in mind, I have picked two at present, Reg Now are as follows, NC13 BBN and YR63 MLU Anyone got knowledge of these cars. SimpleR, are you able to do a check on these cars for me, really appreciate it.

Cheers

Stuart
Jaguar F Type 3.0 V6S

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post