F type depreciation/ value

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

Skid1768 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:51 pm SCM, are you in the trade, much appreciate the offer of doing a search, will definitely keep you in mind.
Er, I think simpleR was the man ofering to find vehicle details - I'm not connected with the trade, just a happy owner.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi, yes I can search any car on Jaguar system. Just need a reg and I can return a history. The more unique the model the more there will be, IE SVR, older vehicles, carbon brakes, etc.

There are quite a few "approved" used vehicles that have been magazine or track day cars and not serviced for years via fleet/lease companies that then go via COPART for a service and end up on a forecourt. Seen at least 6 posted on this forum now (two were LHD imports).
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
vika01

Post by vika01 »

simpleR wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:22 pm Hi, yes I can search any car on Jaguar system. Just need a reg and I can return a history. The more unique the model the more there will be, IE SVR, older vehicles, carbon brakes, etc.

There are quite a few "approved" used vehicles that have been magazine or track day cars and not serviced for years via fleet/lease companies that then go via COPART for a service and end up on a forecourt. Seen at least 6 posted on this forum now (two were LHD imports).

See if you can find things about this C-X75:
WAEJLRB24001

https://www.kaaimans.com/current-stock/ ... wvK_Oxpm8k
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

vika01 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:30 am
WAEJLRB24001
Tollerton is about 10 miles from me. Never knew there was a car place even there!

Production VIN are 17 digits. Thats only 12.
vika01

Post by vika01 »

simpleR wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:46 am
vika01 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:30 am
WAEJLRB24001
Tollerton is about 10 miles from me. Never knew there was a car place even there!

Production VIN are 17 digits. Thats only 12.

Go have a look at it if you have time. Very rare car.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Hello SimpleR,

I wonder if you can help me please,

Before I bought my FType I owned a V8 XFR for 3 years (cherished it), if I search for the reg now YF09 MUU it comes up as not known so it’s either changed to a private reg or is written off.

Can you kindly find out on the Jaguar system for me please?

If it can confirm I would love to know if it still exists,

Apologies if this is posted in wrong section,

Thanks in advance

Kind regards,

Steve

56B007CF-7899-43CC-A15A-F7883B2A0C86.jpeg

2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Jagman100 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:17 pm Hello SimpleR,

I wonder if you can help me please,

Before I bought my FType I owned a V8 XFR for 3 years (cherished it), if I search for the reg now YF09 MUU it comes up as not known so it’s either changed to a private reg or is written off.

Can you kindly find out on the Jaguar system for me please?

If it can confirm I would love to know if it still exists,

Apologies if this is posted in wrong section,

Thanks in advance

Kind regards,

Steve
Hi Steve, YF09 MUU is not registered in the DVLA database. Without that I cannot lookup the VIN to search on Jaguar systems.

As the reg completely doesn't exist at DVLA I'm not sure what exactly that means. I would expect if someone had put on a private plate that the original plate would still return a first registered date so I would presume it was either exported or scrapped however I cannot be sure.

Sorry
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

I thought that might be the case, but thanks anyway I appreciate your reply,

Kind regards,

Steve
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Surely this is a depreciation thread, not tracing old other model cars?
Shouldn’t it have its own thread?
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Indeed!

Hi Johno,

I bought my 14 plate for the upper end of your mentioned range 2 years ago now and, with the rare extras like the performance seats, and colour, would like to think it's only just slipped out of the lower range.

As such it's been much better value than the XE R-Sport I had before, which is the only time I've ever bought new, and as I enjoy the F-Type as a daily driver the depreciation per mile is very acceptable.

If buying from a dealer you also benefit from a solid 2 year warranty, including MOT and there's always room to drive a hard deal, especially in today's market! Do your homework and don't go in too keen - let them think they need to make this work to snare your cash.

When you come to service I recommend using the dealer fixed price menu but also firing an email off to 3 local dealers and letting them fight for your business - e.g. free fob batteries / cheap brake fluid change, that sort of perk. Have to say they seem to have woken up now and are quoting much more competitive prices when you ask directly.

These cars tend to be looked after and enjoyed and people appreciate them for not being just another BM / Merc / Audi yawn.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post