F type depreciation/ value

Anything F-Type related......
Johno

Post by Johno »

Hi there , I am 99% of the way to purchasing a used f type , (2014) I’m wondering what people’s thoughts are on the depreciation of the used cars , I seem to see the 2013/14/15 cars all seem to be sticking at 32000 /35000 the last couple years . Seems like the used f types are very slow depreciating , which is a good thing.

Thanks in advance

PussCat

Post by PussCat »

Correct. They take a hell of a nosedive over the first 2 years, then flatten out remarkably.

I started looking 18 months ago (bought 12 months ago). Over that time, the price of 2013-14 has dropped maybe £1-2000.
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
R Toy

Post by R Toy »

Hi Johno

Sounds like i'm a little ahead of you in that I have just bought a 2013 V6 S in early Dec.

The first thing that struck me was the huge choice of used cars available ,literally hundreds on Pistonheads and Auto trader . But once whittled down to convertible, 3.0 S , sports seats and red (low mileage and immaculate of course) I ended up with a choice of just 3 in my price range .( £33k max )

In a true 'goldilocks' moment one was obviously 'just right' and so I went for a look and bought the next day.

I haven't really used the car a great deal as yet but so far i'm loving it !

As for residuals, the seller had paid £37.5k 13months previously (receipt in the car) so it had lost £4.5k in just over a year and 1200 odd miles.

I'm looking at ,hopefully long term ownership but i'm expecting depreciation to push the car down to the mid twenties in the next say 5 yrs .

Hopefully slowing down though?

If I don't sell it the value is pretty irrelevant , still the same car and fun !

I cant really see the car becoming an appreciating investment due to the amount that are available, but then who knows ?

Best of luck in your search ! Dave.
Skid1768

Post by Skid1768 »

Evening Gents, I am in the process of selling my current car, once sold intend to purchase a second hand F Type. Would you be able to tell me of your current experience with your F Types, lessons learned, things you had wished you had known before your purchase.?

I have been looking at some of the forums and the biggest concerns I have seen has been the panel gaps, door alignment issues. Have any of you experienced these issues??
Any advice would be appreciated??

Cheers

Stuart
Jaguar F Type 3.0 V6S
scm

Post by scm »

I got my 2017 MY!8 last June at 1,300 miles and so far the only issue I've had is with the rear parcel shelf, which needed a couple of rubber grommets to stop it falling off its pivots. It's a brilliant car and I have no regrets buying mine so far. The noise of the exhaust is to die for! :D

Regarding issues on older cars (you don't say what your budget is) there is a known issue with rear cross brace corrosion which Jaguar will replace for upgraded ones under warranty. Not sure of any other known problems, have a browse through the various threads on here to see what individuals have encountered.

You'll find there are a wide variety of options that may or not be fitted, so you'll have to decide what are must-haves for you when you're looking. I wanted heated and cooled seats and a heated windscreen as a minimum - I have them on my previous XKR and wouldn't be without them now.

Good luck in your search! ;)

And welcome to the forum!
Last edited by scm on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Best of luck with your searches. If you want any cars checking out from a history point of view then feel free to contact me with reg plate.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

When buying, be wise as to which options are /are not fitted. I wasn't totally aware, but nor was the non-Jaguar dealer and I was lucky. The options fitted to mine total about £15,000 if specified new today. I'm pleased as punch!
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Gom Jabbar

Post by Gom Jabbar »

Very true words about the options. Make sure you get something with all the goodies you want....if not you may regret it later and to change is an expensive mistake! There are always new cars coming up for grabs. I waited 6 months before my first f-type purchase but got all I needed at a good price.
2018 F-Type SVR in Caldera Red with a huge amount of toys yet to be explored!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Well, I'm the odd one out I guess... .. stinky CO2 tax pushed prices up with € 7500 for the P300 in september. Now JLR added to it so my car
is now new € 15.000,- more expensive then why I bought it... So I could sell it at a profit or break even I guess...

But I'm not interested in selling... 8-)
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Skid1768

Post by Skid1768 »

Many thanks for all the advice peeps, very helpful. SCM, are you in the trade, much appreciate the offer of doing a search, will definitely keep you in mind. My budget will be around £30-35,000. I am looking at getting the F Type V6S, not sure which engine configuration as yet, probably the best I can afford, with the most BHP. Definitely going for a convertible, been driving coupes since I sold my TVR Tuscan, fancy feeling the wind through my hair again...if I had any that is....lo

Once I have that figured out, then it is just the difficult choice of picking the colour, Fire Sand looks awesome, especially If I can get black alloys. Or they do some really nice matte blue. We shall just have to see what is available at the time. Aiming to buy around September.
Jaguar F Type 3.0 V6S

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post