F-type R, fair price? Any warning signs?

Anything F-Type related......
vika01

Post by vika01 »

Hello

I posted about this before but removed it after reading more about this car. It’s manufactured in 2013 so I assume it’s therefore model year 14.
Is this a fair price? Should it be lower? The mileage is not bad. I noticed it doesn’t have the auto start/stop button, I have never seen an F-type without it.

The side vents have been changed to gloss black and also the windows and the windows are tinted. The rear diffuser is painted to match the body colour it seems because the side skirts are black and the grille is chrome. It also has that spoiler which I don’t like and it has created misaligned panels for the active spolier (probably deactivated now).

The rims are the ones from the Project 7 and I assume those are genuine ceramic brakes.

Is the car not repainted/wrapped? That looks like Caldera red which didn’t exist back then. Or maybe it’s simply the Salsa red?

What else should I think about? I live in Sweden so it being a left hand drive is fine to me. Is it bad that it has had those changes?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... rchad=Used
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Well it's tax and MOT until August 2019 and says year of manufacture 2013 and registered in the UK since April 2016.

The price is probably low because it's an import and left hand drive.

If you give them a call and get the VIN number then you can look it up on Topix and it will give you original factory spec, colour, service history, original dealer etc.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
vika01

Post by vika01 »

simpleR wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:17 am Well it's tax and MOT until August 2019 and says year of manufacture 2013 and registered in the UK since April 2016.

The price is probably low because it's an import and left hand drive.

If you give them a call and get the VIN number then you can look it up on Topix and it will give you original factory spec, colour, service history, original dealer etc.
Thank you for the help. I will ask them about the VIN. About the tax and MOT is that a good thing or bad? Sorry I am from Sweden I don't know about these things in the UK.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

That is a good thing. If you get the full VIN number I can look up all the details for you. Don't mind helping as I have quiet week.
chicb

Post by chicb »

You seem to have so many negatives about this car, so why are you even considering it. There are loads out there
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
vika01

Post by vika01 »

chicb wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:54 am You seem to have so many negatives about this car, so why are you even considering it. There are loads out there
No I don’t. It’s just the spoiler I don’t like. All other things I wrote about is to ask if that’s something to worry about or if it’s completely okay. The price this car has is EXTREMELY cheap and seems too good to be true. In Sweden these prices are completely unheard of so that’s why I must consider everything about it to know there is nothing wrong with the car.
vika01

Post by vika01 »

simpleR wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:22 am That is a good thing. If you get the full VIN number I can look up all the details for you. Don't mind helping as I have quiet week.
Thank you. I emailed them yesterday and have not gotten an answer yet.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

I wouldn’t touch an ‘extremely cheap’ F-Type with a Barge-Pole. Buy one that’s been cherished & cared for.

They are extremely expensive to repair 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
vika01

Post by vika01 »

DaddyDarren wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:54 am I wouldn’t touch an ‘extremely cheap’ F-Type with a Barge-Pole. Buy one that’s been cherished & cared for.

They are extremely expensive to repair 👍
I looked at autotrader and saw that 2014 V8 models go for about that price. To me it's super cheap but I noticed in the UK that's a normal price for 2014 models. In Sweden a V8 2014 model goes for 52000 pounds+
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Its left hooker and an import so I expect it to cheap on the UK market. Once you have the VIN number it will state what country it started life in, service history etc and anything done to it. It could be a good buy to re-import back to a left hand (wrong side!) country.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post