F-type R, fair price? Any warning signs?

Anything F-Type related......
vika01

Post by vika01 »

AsifG wrote: ↑Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:54 pm This is why this forum is so great!

(and run away from that car! Don't even give it a second thought. Pay a little more, ideally buy from an enthusiast and get some peace of mind!)
Yes the forum is great.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.

Arne

Post by Arne »

Another strange thing is that the very first F-type coupe came out in 2014 as a MY15 model.
How can this car appear in Dubai in 2013 - if it is a production car?
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Just double checked the reg plate on the car for sale to get the VIN from Jaguar website.

The warranty start date was 19th Nov 2013.

No PDI or registered country listed which is odd.

Dubai and English/Arabic on paperwork on minor features list.

Picture in Dubai here from 4th Dec 2013
https://www.autogespot.com/jaguar-f-typ ... 2013/12/04

Might of been a pre-production model, demo or mule. Either way it doesn't have an honest past ending up at salvage yard and first service after 2.5 years with an odometer change and a bent rear end and stick on spoiler.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
ftype88

Post by ftype88 »

Is that naff 'R' colour badge on the dash from stock? Looks really gaudy. I had to laugh watching whoever was driving it in London shoot down the lane going left and then cut right... that cars probably been in more scrapes than Mr Bump
vika01

Post by vika01 »

Arne wrote: ↑Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:20 pm Another strange thing is that the very first F-type coupe came out in 2014 as a MY15 model.
I guess rich people cam get whatever they want. See the comments on those Dubai photos. People were shocked.
Tel

Post by Tel »

I'd love to have been a fly on the interior, just to see what this car has actually been through.

Great work SimpleR.

Most things that come from the sander climes have been thrashed to bits from my experience, that's not to say all have though.

As they say, there's plenty more fish...
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more πŸ’©
vika01

Post by vika01 »

vika01 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:10 pm
Arne wrote: ↑Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:20 pm Another strange thing is that the very first F-type coupe came out in 2014 as a MY15 model.
I guess rich people can get whatever they want. See the comments on those Dubai photos. People were shocked.
Arne

Post by Arne »

vika01 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:10 pm
I guess rich people cam get whatever they want. See the comments on those Dubai photos. People were shocked.
I guess so, and that also makes me think that this is not a car from the "standard serie production line" - or they started the serie Production very late in 2013, and made an exception for a few?
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
AndyN

Post by AndyN »

Well done simpleR. This is all about what forums should be for. Helping fellow members.
MY21 P450 Bluefire Climate Pack Black Pack Pan Roof Fixed rear spoiler
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I would like to say that finding a Jaguar VIN number from a registration plate should not be possible. Let me explain. It's boring but its my job so I'll explain anyway!

When you visit a website and you enter data to look something up, in the background the website goes off to a datastore to retrieve the answer. For example when you do a car insurance quote and enter your reg it will return a set of data such as make/model/colour/engine size/etc onto the screen for you to confirm the reg you entered matches your car. Keeping things very high level, there are two ways a developer could do this (of many available).

1) Only have the data that should be returned in a separate table allowing for a select query to return all columns for a selected row. So if your website was for selling touch up paint you would want the user to enter reg plate and it should return colour, type and paint code. IE MY14REG would return "Red" "Salsa" "JAG674634" (or whatever the paint code is for Salsa). That is all the information in the database that could be returned. Nice and secure. If your website gets hacked then well you know all the colours of cars in the UK so nothing lost.

2) Have all data in large single database and table so for any reg there might be 100's or 1000's of columns of all sorts of data relating to your car but as a developer you write your select query to be specific to only return the rows required. Extra issues with security but all can be mitigated.

What you don't want is a table of ALL information and a web developer who returns all results but only displays certain ones (or hides the return results they don't want to display to you). If in Chrome for example, if you click Ctrl+U it will allow you to see the source code return results for a query you placed. IE you entered your reg and a pretty web page said your car was Red..... but what else was transmitted in the background that wasn't displayed to you?

In the case of a certain Jaguar website (I've reported this to them) when entering your reg plate it returns make, model, engine size, colour to you. Good. But in the source code it returns excess pages of information on the car, one being the VIN number, but its just hidden from you seeing it. That is bad as the website is returning excess data that is not required. What can you do with a VIN? Well not a lot really other than use it to investigate a car straight away without having to visit it to physically to read the number off the windscreen........

......but imagine when your browsing the internet how much data is passing across the internet with information on it that you didn't even know about just because it's not displayed to you!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post