SVR Questions

Anything F-Type related......
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Your assistance to people on this good forum is great - and very much appreciated I’m sure - nice one again 👍🏻
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Incorrect colour listing on V5s, particularly with dark greys is quite common in my experience having owned several that are listed as black ... are you suggesting the need to change this for any specific reason other than wanting it to read correctly please?

Thanks, Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Senninha wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:04 pm Incorrect colour listing on V5s, particularly with dark greys is quite common in my experience having owned several that are listed as black ... are you suggesting the need to change this for any specific reason other than wanting it to read correctly please?

Thanks, Paul
Dark Grey's is understandable. I've never seen Jaguar system say colour not present. The car is bright metalic light grey (not dark). If you were making a mistake you would be more likely to say silver than black as it's quite a way off black to be honest. Just noting for the person interested in the car so they can clarify any issues before purchasing. Looks lovely in grey.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Gom Jabbar

Post by Gom Jabbar »

Thanks once again SimpleR.

I’m in a conversation with the dealer on the colour issue & other items.

Cheers

Steve
2018 F-Type SVR in Caldera Red with a huge amount of toys yet to be explored!
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

simpleR wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:58 pm
Senninha wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:04 pm Incorrect colour listing on V5s, particularly with dark greys is quite common in my experience having owned several that are listed as black ... are you suggesting the need to change this for any specific reason other than wanting it to read correctly please?

Thanks, Paul
Dark Grey's is understandable. I've never seen Jaguar system say colour not present. The car is bright metalic light grey (not dark). If you were making a mistake you would be more likely to say silver than black as it's quite a way off black to be honest. Just noting for the person interested in the car so they can clarify any issues before purchasing. Looks lovely in grey.
My car was listed as blue on the Jaguar system although the log book correctly showed the car as grey. I needed to send Jaguar a copy of the log book to get them to change it and even then it took a number of months for the change to be made.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
Kdes

Post by Kdes »

My Storm Grey car is shown on Jaguar’s Topix system as Colour “indigo waterborne”. Dealer says I need to speak with head office but I’ve not got around to doing it yet.

Also as an aside, Jaguar have been renaming colours to standardise across the whole Jaguar/Land Rover range wich can lead to some confusion especially buying used as some dealers now advertise using the current colour name against an older vehicle.
Kev
Storm Grey V6 coupe 2016MY

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post