Engine coolant fluid

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello .. any one found a good supplier for this ?

I know I can go to the main dealer .. just wondered if there was any Halfords stuff we could use, My F Type needs a small top up and is orange in colour and can not be mixed

Mixture of 60% water and 40% antifreeze meeting Jaguar Land Rover specification STJLR.651.5003. Cold climate markets*: Mixture of 50% water and 50% antifreeze meeting Jaguar Land Rover specification STJLR.651.5003.

Just a thought before I go to the local main dealer

regards

Deleted User 1088

found this one
COOLELF AUTO SUPRA -26C.pdf
(3.22 MiB) Downloaded 826 times
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

I'm pretty sure the Halford's OAT stuff is compliant as someone over on the "other" forums looked into it.
However, if the top up is very small then I have used filtered water from the kettle (hard water area) to top up about 1cm on the tank.
I mentioned it to a tech at my dealer and he suggested the filtered or distilled water as the dilution is negligible and performance wouldn't be affected for such a small amount.
Both my V6's needed a small top up after a few months but never needed doing again.
Deleted User 1088

good idea .. well done
Deleted User 1088

Ok purchased some top coolant today from my Jaguar dealers

who assures me this is the correct stuff ? but no mention of the spec on the bottle that the hand books states .. ?
thoughts

IMG_1608.JPG

IMG_1609.JPG

Deleted User 1088

OK

Looks like ASTM D3306 is the same spec as JAGUAR LAND-ROVER STJLR 651.5003
http://goldcrestoil.com/page22.html

hope this helps
Deleted User 1088

to late

all topped up now :lol:

I used 500 mL
ninetails

Post by ninetails »

kaspa wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:52 pm Ok purchased some top coolant today from my Jaguar dealers

who assures me this is the correct stuff ? but no mention of the spec on the bottle that the hand books states .. ?
thoughts
Kaspa

I was given the same antifreeze by Westover Jaguar , and I also questioned that the hand book spec. was not on the bottle. Service dept. assured me it was the correct antifreeze, (orange coloured as opposed to the green). He also said, as mentioned by Phil, that a small top up with water only would be ok. Strange and confusing that they do not print their own spec on their own branded antifreeze.
I also asked whether the Jaguar antifreeze was "ready to use" (already diluted with water) or is it concentrated antifreeze and therefore requires diluting. The answer was, it is concentrated, and will require diluting.
340 coupe auto 2016MY, ammonite/corris grey, red performance heated seats, pano roof, 20" turbine wheels, switchable active exhaust, front & rear parking sensors, rear camera.
scm

Post by scm »

ninetails wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:42 pm Strange and confusing that they do not print their own spec on their own branded antifreeze.
Not really, if the spec was there you could probably find cheaper alternatives in future. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post