Rearview camera issues.

Anything F-Type related......
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

I first noticed it in a carwash. Car was in park but rearcam switched on, and stayed on all the way through the automatic carwash lane,
until I switched it off with the button on the screen. Since then it varied from working normal till working without reference lines,
reference lines on one side only, and not engaging at all. So last week it did not engage but the pdc screen came up in the infotainment.
I switched that off and pushed the camera button : nothing. Then I put it in D and back in R.. .. nothing. I really got fed up and started
to slowly backup from a parking space. Luckily not onto the road but in a big parking lot, so people drive slower.. ..indeed somebody
used his horn as he/she was were I was heading. No vision through the rear window, covered with massive rain..

Seems to be a 'water issue' : whenever it gets wet it starts to behave awkward... .. I booked it into the dealer for the 3rd.
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Hi Dan,

Yes sounds like it’s water related, also I find the automatic car washes are too rough with the car, so for many years I always wash my car by hand or take it to a jet wash and although the jet wash will still find any leaks there are no brushes which can be mildly abrasive and do damage to the car...

Good luck with sorting it out,

Kind regards,

Steve
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Thing is : it worked fine for a few weeks. Did not see a carwash at all [ I was away on a trip ], and just stood stationary on the drive in the rain.
I happen to have a humidity meter inside the car and that goes to >>>100% when its rainy weather. No fogged windows or such though.

Anyway, I started the car and put it in reverse to get out of the spot onto our drive, and it didn't work at all , just the PDC screen...
I could understand if it happened & continued after a carwash visit, but this seems unrelated, just water is the common denominator..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post