380 mile 2017 F-type. LHD UK. Good price?

Anything F-Type related......
vika01

Post by vika01 »

basher wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:21 pm
vika01 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:24 pm I dropped this car. The seller didn’t provide any info about the history of the car, something he should have done at the beginning. I really wanted the car but not if I can’t be sure about what it went through in the early months and where it has been from April-now. The seller did a terrible job.
And also refused to sell it excluding VAT. Something he must do because the car is new according to the EU for import purposes and VAT is only paid in the country the car is going to be driven, in this case Sweden..

Sad that a seller can ruin a deal by not knowing the EU laws and denying facts and hide information.
I had my heart set on a particular car, but after test driving, price went UP by £5K. There were issues with the car too, and after weeks of discussions about dropping price, and rectifying issues, I walked away.

A few weeks later I found a better spec car, lower mileage, and at a sensible price. I bought it. :mrgreen:

Just be patient... it will be worth it!
Finding a good price in Sweden for an F-type is impossible. They are overpriced in the used market compared to the UK. This UK car was at a great price but AC service and a change of the odometer were red flags for me. I just wished there could have been a better seller for the car.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

What about contacting these guys about this one.
http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicle ... Jaguar.htm

Get the VIN number and we can look it up. Looks too good to be true but you never know!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Or

An R (not an SVR) - https://www.motors.co.uk/car-45220976/? ... ll-dealers

BTW that dodgy red Dubai car in London with the stick on spoiler and superman badge is going to auction as it appears no one wants it!!
vika01

Post by vika01 »

simpleR wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:50 pm Or

An R (not an SVR) - https://www.motors.co.uk/car-45220976/? ... ll-dealers

BTW that dodgy red Dubai car in London with the stick on spoiler and superman badge is going to auction as it appears no one wants it!!
Haha the Dubai car. Not only was the history scary but it didn't even have a start/stop button. I don't think it was a produced the same way as all other coupes after.

I saw that gray one. They only export to outside of the EU because it's a philippine registered car.
I really appreciate your help. Mainly I am only interested in V8. Red/white/orange. Black can be cool to for me but I would rather go for what I really want. The black one seemed too expensive for a 2014.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Any LHD car in the UK is going to have a history. Probably you'll avoid all of them.

How about buying one from Germany? Example link below.

I think "MwSt. ausweisbar" means VAT refundable if exporting and VAT in Germany appears to be 19% so 115000 yoyos minus 19% and converted to Queens English is about £82k so similar to UK pricing. Again if you get the VIN we can look it up.

Http://www.approved.jaguar.de/de/fahrze ... ame=F-Type
vika01

Post by vika01 »

simpleR wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:06 pm Any LHD car in the UK is going to have a history. Probably you'll avoid all of them.

I think "MwSt. ausweisbar" means VAT refundable if exporting and VAT in Germany appears to be 19% so 115000 yoyos minus 19% and converted to Queens English is about £82k so similar to UK pricing. Again if you get the VIN we can look it up.

I have been looking a lot at the German versions. They are fairly priced. About 10-15% cheaper than in Sweden. The good thing is there are plenty to choose from. The one you linked is obviously amazing but too expensive for me. I am looking for V8’s that are no older than 4 years and maximum 60 000 pounds.
Arne

Post by Arne »

vika01 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:37 am
simpleR wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:06 pm Any LHD car in the UK is going to have a history. Probably you'll avoid all of them.

I have been looking a lot at the German versions. They are fairly priced. About 10-15% cheaper than in Sweden. The good thing is there are plenty to choose from. The one you linked is obviously amazing but too expensive for me. I am looking for V8’s that are no older than 4 years and maximum 60 000 pounds.
It is/was the same problem in Norway when I started looking for a second hand F-type R (in 2015). At that time there were no second had R available in Norway at all, and very few expected to come later on.

I started looking at Mobile.de and after a short while I found the car I was looking for. I was lucky as I had a friend living in Hamburg working with car exports to Norway, so I had him take a good look at the car. History was good (one year old, 7.000 km) and it looked brand New. Tires, brakes etc showed no signs of hard use, and it was fully loaded with options (except ceramic brakes, that I did not wanted anyway). Price was good, as it was set up for a quick sale.

Only problem was that it had already been sold to a frenchman. However he had not paid any deposit yet, and full payment was planned in one week time (when he was due to pick up the car). One week went and the frenchman did not show up. My friend payed a deposit, signed the papers on my behalf, and a few days later he made the full payment for me and drove the car to his workshop in Hamburg to store it there till I could come down and pick it up (I went for a 4 weeks Holiday the very same day).

4 weeks later I flew down and picked the car up. My friend had fixed German export license plates for me, so importing it to Norway was very easy. He also fixed the tax (VAT) refund for me in Germany, so all I had to do was deliver the correct paperworks to Norwegian customs when passing the border to Norway. Then I had to pay Norwegian VAT (on the net price I payed) and Norwegian car taxes. I got Norwegian license plate on the car the day after I got it to Norway.

The car was everything I hoped for and I am very happy with the car. It has only had some minor issues that was fixed under Jaguar warranty (scratched side windows due to bad designed windows seals, and a center went that got stuck when the weather was warm and humid). My plans for the car is to keep it for a very long time (maybe "forever" - in my lifespan). It is my hobby car, so it is not driven in the winter (no salt....), and taking it out in the spring is almost like getting a new car every year :) It is the most fun car I have ever had / driven, so I do not feel any need to replace it with anything else.

Best of luck with your search!
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

vika01 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:37 am I have been looking a lot at the German versions. They are fairly priced. About 10-15% cheaper than in Sweden. The good thing is there are plenty to choose from. The one you linked is obviously amazing but too expensive for me. I am looking for V8’s that are no older than 4 years and maximum 60 000 pounds.
So your after a V8, £60k (which is about 67euro) no more than 4 years old and Red/white/orange preferred.
The problem with the lower budget is that cars in Germany wont be VAT refundable.

Anyhow, I checked the entire continent of EU and found just ONE in budget matching your spec!
Seems to have all the options and carbon brakes in Italian Racing Red with black pack for under 67euro.

Here - http://www.approved.jaguar.de/de/fahrze ... ice%3ADESC
vika01

Post by vika01 »

[/quote]

So your after a V8, £60k (which is about 67euro) no more than 4 years old and Red/white/orange preferred.
The problem with the lower budget is that cars in Germany wont be VAT refundable.

Anyhow, I checked the entire continent of EU and found just ONE in budget matching your spec!
Seems to have all the options and carbon brakes in Italian Racing Red with black pack for under 67euro.

Here - http://www.approved.jaguar.de/de/fahrze ... ice%3ADESC
[/quote]

I don’t need a VAT refund when buying an ”old car” because then I am not paying VAT in my own country which would be 25% compared to Germany which is 19%. This is the EU laws.

There are way more than 1 car for sale for my budget.

https://m.mobile.de/auto/search.html?ms ... fe!=EXPORT

For example this particular one has an okay price https://m.mobile.de/auto-inserat/jaguar ... ml?ref=srp
vika01

Post by vika01 »

Arne wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:32 am
vika01 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:37 am

Best of luck with your search!
Thank you for sharing your story of how you got your car.

There is this F-type in Germany. Very high mileage after 14-15 months but looks clean. The seller gave me the VIN:SAJDA1BEXJCK51543
I am actually interested in it and it is basically fully equipped. Rear camera, front sensors, heated steerign wheel. And I am not a fan of the panoramic roof so it being without one is no issue to me.

https://www.autoscout24.se/erbjudanden/ ... cldtidx=16

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post