SVR vs alternatives

Anything F-Type related......
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

no i was saying where jaguar fall down is fit and finish ...the germans know hot to finish a car....really to have misaligned panels on 70k plus cars is not acceptable

vika01

Post by vika01 »

Yes. The misaligned panels where the bonnet closes near the wheels is a problem every single F-type has from the production line and it has to be fixed afterwards. The problem is the panels are incorrect dimensions since the F-type was designed and they haven’t bothered to even change the problem. All Jaguar XJ’s also have misaligned panels by the headlights.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
Dazarooni

Post by Dazarooni »

Gasman2 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:58 am Tbf i cant afford any of them but they all have their merits
The aston is a pure heart only purchase
911 is a stunning car package but fairly common
R8 maybe a baby lambo but hell of a car
Amg gt stunning car bit down on power but a real looker and this is where jaguar fall down imho
Fit and finish of panels etc is pure german efficiency
The f type panel alignment is not very impressive
I dont think the svr looks different enough to warrant the price

If i had 80k to spend lol i would want something that stood out and for me thats the amg or lambo
Its hard to beat the germans for top end cars
You must be joking, it looks grotesque with that hideously long nose IMO. It is ugly.

chicb

Post by chicb »

I didn't realise the Mercedes AMG GT'S had such a price drop :shock: , last time I looked they were £100k +. Think the F type will be up for sale soon.
They are fabulous & so well made, the interior is far superior to Jaguar, leather, switchgear, you name it.
Jaguar cant even give you an air scarf for the convertible & as for that mesh type wind deflector. My previous Mercedes SL had a glass wind deflector which could be raised/lowered at the touch of a button, also they have a metal folding roof which when folded still gives far more room than the Jag convertible & the air scarf makes it usable on a nice winters day.
Always fancied the AMG GT as its a step above. Better get Auto trader fired up :lol:
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Tel

Post by Tel »

scm wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:05 pm
Gasman2 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:58 am Amg gt stunning car bit down on power but a real looker and this is where jaguar fall down imho
You really think the Germans can design a better looking car than the F-Type? :shock:
Yep, I've counted them...there's nein boom-boom! :lol:
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Elementad

Post by Elementad »

AMG GTS is within reach (used) for under £100k. I do like them. The look is a bit marmite. Sometimes I love it, other times it doesn’t look proportionate from side. Inside is definitely a notch above although I think the sound of the biturbo is a backward step and the overall exterior look.
If in market for Aston the you should be looking at lightly used V12S. A pals got one and it’s lovely.
F Type R AWD coupe
(Previous car) F Type V6S convertible
F-TYPE FAN

Post by F-TYPE FAN »

Hi i had the R8 But found it to good, and very boring the noise was not there and no fun good and safe. Was missing the wow factor for me.... hope you find the wow factor for you. GOOD LUCK AND HNY
Shunt

Post by Shunt »

I swapped my V8 Vantage for my V8 F Type. Like you say they are very dated now and things were starting to fail, expensively!

I've never looked back, the F is a far superior vehicle in every aspect other than the badge...
Amethyst Black V8S
Estoril M135i
Red BMW S1000R
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Instead of a Merc AMG GT, how about a C63s AMG coupe and a good £50k change? 510hp, 516lb-ft, rwd, smaller and IMO better looking than the GT but with the same thunderous sound track and gorgeous interior:

Spec and pics:
https://www.netcarshow.com/mercedes-ben ... amg_coupe/

Review:
https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/mer ... st-drive-0

Video and sound track
https://youtu.be/8dZt8tNnhjY

I have the estate version on order - need something practical :)
Shaun123

Post by Shaun123 »

I have an Ftype R AWD and am in the process of buying an SVR,, just test driving it showed the difference is worth the extra
SVR with lots of Carbon and Graphic pack