Going Low @ David Appleby Engineering

Anything F-Type related......
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Happy New Year to all!

I promised to treat my car to one modification/treatment per year. Last year was calipers painted, alloys refurbished & new rubber. Counted as one 🤔

This year I want to lower my car. I’ve just confirmed & booked in booked DAE to have the VAP lowering springs, 15mm spacers & wheel alignment. Counted as one 😁

Was toying over H&R (30mm drop) against VAP (22mm). Although I love the look, aka Timbo, I didn’t want to go as drastic.

James, as expected, has been great in answering all my questions. Had my fingers burnt doing a previous mod with another company. I’m certain DAE will meet my expectations.

Will do full report on my day there, experience & obviously, a few pictures 😄
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi, could you do before and after pictures, all are very interesting mods.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Tel

Post by Tel »

HNY DD.

It's on my radar as well as a few other mods...step by step. Obviously interested in seeing before/after shots of the rear, front, sides and oblique angles if poss. My only reservation is ground clearance and sleeping policemen. Still, lowering the F looks awesome as the wheels will fill that horrible gap thats there between the tyre and top of the wheel arch.

Remember that you still need room to get a jack under the car...OK if you have a low profile one.

DAE, although pricey have a good rep and James seems to know his stuff from my little contact with them. You get what you pay for.
What spacers are they?

Whilst you're at it, might as well get the GT4 air air kit and the pulley and ECU tune!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

I certainly will scharlton 👍 Will do around the car at a few angles to illustrate change.

I was same as you Tel regarding ground clearance. Don’t think Timbo has any serious issues with his though. I just want it to be a bit lower, not too low.

Not certain of Wheel Spacer manufacturer. VAP don’t seem to manufacture them now? DAE have quoted circa £200.00 for a set, although they did say I could supply myself. I’m going to trust that they wouldn’t fit any rubbish. I did double check that the centrebore will be 63.4mm. It seems every other Jaguar is 63.3mm!

After lowering, & after warranty has expired, Going to go for pulley, 200 cells cats & tune. Counts as one 😄

Do you have any further plans for your car?
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Should look very nice when complete and for £200 probably fitting H&R spacers ... look forward to the various photos ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Tel

Post by Tel »

DaddyDarren wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:59 pm Do you have any further plans for your car?
First is to re-shod with MP4SS all round, then open up (the sound that I think is missing)...the sound of an Eaton whining away, then....the list goes on!
2016MY V8R IRR
Billet OBD lock
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

Yes dae have several options for increasing supercharger sound
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Tel wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:15 pm
DaddyDarren wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:59 pm Do you have any further plans for your car?
First is to re-shod with MP4SS all round, then open up (the sound that I think is missing)...the sound of an Eaton whining away, then....the list goes on!
Is your car lowered Tel? If not, why did you have spacers fitted? Could you post couple of pictures please of your wheel arch from behind?
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
Tel

Post by Tel »

No, standard springs.
IMO the wheels sit too far inside the arches, so I got in with the group buy for some of Lenny's motorsporttech hubcentric spacers anodised black.
Quality is second to none, and I can thoroughly recommend them.
I'm going up in width on the rear tyres , so I'll see what clearance is available, before I consider a drop.

It'll be VAP springs if I do.
2016MY V8R IRR
Billet OBD lock
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Thank you Tel.

Agree. Although car is low, compared to other cars, the gap still warrants reducing. Was umming & arring between VAP/H&R. In the end I thought, let’s go mid-way!
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs