White with black wheels.

Left close.jpg

2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello Stevegtr,

Others have mentioned the black wheels. I love the white/black theme but wanted to keep a bit of bling with the silver wheels, plus they tie-in with my chrome exhaust. I like the look of bright wheels when the car is moving. Although I know I cannot see them when driving!

With regards to the grill. IMHO it is the best aesthetic related modification you can do to your F-Type. The front looks way cleaner/meaner & a bit maverick. I researched this change even prior to buying my car. The stickered plate is not to everyone’s taste. Funny that most detractors are fellow F-Typers 🤔 Get loads of positive comments elsewhere. Someone else on here has a red F-Type with the stickered plate.

Never had any issue with police in two years. Car gets MOT’d at Jaguar main dealer & they’ve not mentioned it.

HTH 👍

Law states ‘as near to vertical as practicable’. The P7 grill has no provision for a number plate so the sticker is ‘as near to vertical as practicable’. I’m not trying to hide my plate, it’s legal spacing, size etc.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
scm

Post by scm »

DaddyDarren wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:01 pmAlthough I know I cannot see them when driving!
I think F-Type drivers are the most altruistic on the road - we have to look at all the boring cars while their drivers can admire ours. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

I would like to do this mod. How easy is it to remove the crossbar, which on mine has holes in it from previous plates.

20190408_232410.jpg

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Oh nearly forgot what about the front parking sensors that are in the front of the cross beam.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello steviegtr,

The OEM standard front grill comes in four bits. Surround, Top Grill, Bottom Grill & Bumper Bar. To remove the Bumper Bar you need to remove the front nose section. On the US forum there are a couple of threads that describe the process in detail.

I currently have the Paramount P7 Version. The P7 grill is only two parts, surround & single piece grill. The two front middle parking sensors are glued into the honeycomb in the same location as standard. They do not work correctly, although I only notice when selecting R. I then cancel the beep by pressing the parking sensor button.

Recently obtained a OEM P7 grill/surround. I’m having that professionally painted & fitted shortly & will ask the body shop to decommission the two middle front sensors altogether. I do not need them & would rather keep the grill completely clean than mess around with the sensor pockets. I have two of them for sale if anyone interested?

HTH

Cheers,

Darren
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Interesting. I will keep all posted on my mods as I do them. The idea is a complete removal of the front cross beam & No plates legal as can be adhered to the front as my old E-Type. Then maybe make a new grill with large honeycombe grille like the aston martin. I have already ordered the Gold Jaguar & Jaguar picture badge + the R in gold. Still trying to find the F-Type badge in gold but maybe get mine plated. The side vents & front grill + bonnet vents I am going to paint Gloss black.