Warranty

Anything F-Type related......
davidd

Post by davidd »

Morning,

My car is nearly three and so I'm considering my warranty options.

Jaguar want £680 per year which seems cheaper compared to the competition (with another £80 for AA european roadside).

Seems reasonable to me, has anyone had any experience of claiming on it?

The other option is of course to bank the cash but reading about £1500 injector failures....

Dazza67

Post by Dazza67 »

Hi
I had the same dilemma last year and put a couple of posts on here canvasing opinion. Jury was out, but in the end I went with the JLR warranty extension at £700. Two months later car overheated on the way back from Le Mans and needed a complete fan module, total cost £980. Absolutely no hassles claiming through Peterborough Jaguar, brilliant service experience through them and my choice for that year was vindicated. Got the same decision to make again in April though and will probably do it again to be fair.
Cheers
Ebony Black V6S convertible
Nick

Post by Nick »

I have JLR extended warranty, second time I have taken it out, costs a bit but peace of mind in case those big bills come in.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
davidd

Post by davidd »

Thanks for the reply, did you buy via the dealer or online and was there any room for negotiation?
Cheers
D
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Are these JLR warranty’s or the Jaguar main dealer’s warranty’s, if the latter can you advise differences in cover, if any, and costs.

Thanks
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

You can get an online quote for extended warranty from JLR here:
https://jaguar.motor-admin.com/warranty ... -details-1

Attached is the what the JLR extended warranty includes and excludes (note is does include £750 MOT voucher and 7 days hire car as well):
extended-warranty-ipid.pdf
(316.34 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
policy-document.pdf
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 162 times
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Thanks
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
Nick

Post by Nick »

First time I got it through the dealer, second time off the JLR website.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

I will be having the same decision in June and will most likely go for the JLR warranty rather than any of the 3rd party options.
Significantly more expensive than the extended warranty I have just taken out for my BMW135M which cost £288 for the year through BMW though :(
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
wolfy689

Post by wolfy689 »

I moved from my F Type R last year just as it hit 3 years old so never got the chance to renew, I bought as MCLaren 570S the warranty when it comes up will be £2800.00 per year, truly eye watering so that doesn't seem bad value!!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post