R-Dynamic VS Chequered Flag Edition

Anything F-Type related......
BanterKing

Post by BanterKing »

I’m thinking of purchasing a brand new Jaguar V6 AWD in April but I’m really struggling on deciding to pick between the R-Dynamic model or the Chequered Flag edition. I really wanted the flat bottom steering wheel and the fixed spoiler but you can’t seem to get those on the Chequered flag edition. But the Chequered flag edition has the embossed head rests, red treadplates, full red stitching etc (I’m buying the car in red). Also with it being a limited edition model I thought maybe it’ll be worth more when I re sell it.

I understand this question is a lot to do with just personal preference but if anyone could offer any advice I’d appreciate it. To myself the car having the spoiler is almost a must but again I don’t know what to do.

Thanks,

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Maybe it’s just my perception but this sort of branding is a bit nonsense and will never increase resale value. Some may have good extras if they are what you really want.
I’d get the model you want with the extras you want
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

You'll use the steering all the time you're driving, and the fixed spoiler is cool. You'll only see the head rests, treadplates and stitching when you're getting in or out. You can see where this is going .... ;)
And, as cj10jeeper says, limited editions may be good value if they're loaded with what you want, but I don't think they'd necessarily carry a premium if you ever lose your mind enough to want to sell an F-Type. :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Sounds like F-Types are not selling when they start churning out special editions to be honest.

I dont think it will be worth any more than a 'standard' one.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
chicb

Post by chicb »

Agree, special editions are only made when they reckon they will have an more cars in stock than they estimate they can sell or, they are about to change the model fairly soon. Unless they will make say 50 cars or so it will not be worth any more. Special editions usually bundle options together that would have been single item options.
Don't worry about resale, like all other mass produced cars except Porsche 911 the value will plummet. :o
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post