What's Up with Dynamic Mode

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
gkeevash

Post by gkeevash »

Can anyone shed some light on this.....

As well as a bolt falling out the exhaust mounting after my car had the sub frame and cross members replaced I now have an issue with the Dynamic Mode. ๐Ÿ˜ 

When selected the Dynamic Mode should stay selected for up to six hours after the car is switched off i.e. select Dynamic mode, switch off, switch back on in within six hours and it the Dynamic Mode should still engaged. However, since going to the dealer now when I select Dynamic Mode and switch off I have to, every time, reselect Dynamic Mode. I've had the car a little over twelve month and this has never happened before. :x

Any thoughts on why i might be experiencing this issue? :?:

Dynamic Mode.JPG

Best Regards
Gazza
2018MY, F-Type 400 Sport Convertible RWD, Black
2010 XKR 5.0 Convertible
2006 XK 4.2
2001 Nissan Skyline R33 Twin Turbo
1996 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo

gkeevash

Post by gkeevash »

OK, so after further investigation I have a sneaking suspicion the the Dealer has updated my 2018 model year vehicle with 2019 software as the 2019 Dynamic Mode functionality differs from that of a 2018 model as indicated in the user guide. So if this is the case I am even more hacked of that the dealer has done this without even discussing the implication of such an update, installing my 2018 model with 2019 software/configuration. I hate to think what else they may have done! ๐Ÿ˜ 

Dynamic Mode 2019.JPG

Best Regards
Gazza
2010 XKR 5.0 Convertible
2006 XK 4.2
scm

Post by scm »

Take it back to the dealer, show them your manual and tell him to fix it. Or give you a 2019 car if that's what they want you to drive. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

Lucky its not modified the update wld have fubared the ecu
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I think you've been H136'ed!!!
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3094&hilit=H136

I will get done in May when I go for a service. Seems that the outstanding campaign affects all MY18 model year cars.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scm

Post by scm »

Seems mine was "done" when it went in for a new rear parcel shelf last month. Shame they didn't fix the headlamp washer that I wanted fixed, instead of faffing with non-essentials. Hopeless customer dis-service. Guess I'll have to take the advice I offered in a previous post ... :oops:
basher

Post by basher »

scm wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:41 pm Seems mine was "done" when it went in for a new rear parcel shelf last month.
Steve, what exactly was "done"?

I'm now concerned that mine might have been updated too when I had seatbelt replace.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. ๐Ÿ˜
scm

Post by scm »

The manual says that when selected, dymanic mode will stay set for up to 6 hours after ignition off. MIne used to do that, but now resets to "off" as soon as you turn the car off (or at least it's off when you turn the car on again). Not really that big a deal for me as I usually turn DM off as I approach home so I don't annoy the neighbours with the noise, I don't mind them being jealous! :)

Easy to test, turn on, set DM, switch car off and then on again.
gkeevash

Post by gkeevash »

So I questioned this with the dealer, they wrote back having applied the Service Action H136.

However, Service Action H136 is not definitive it states a "potential" concern has been identified and that the vehicle pass by noise "may not" conform to UN-ECE R51.02. So whilst not definitive what right does the dealer have to change "any" of the features/functionality of my vehicle and without the owners permission, They did not mention the Service action, I noticed something was different and had changed.

So, if not safety related deleting a feature/function on a customers car without their permission, is this even legal? Moreover their letter implies that they had to do this work before the warranty (fit new subframe and braces to resolve corrosion issue) to quote.

"Unfortunately this is something we cannot undo and were under obligation to carry out on all vehicle within a certain chassis number range, which yours fell in.

This had to be carried out so that we could continue to carry out the warranty repairs, at no cost to yourself.

Dynamic Mode 21012019.JPG

Pass by Noise Service Action V2.JPG

Best Regards
Gazza
2010 XKR 5.0 Convertible
2006 XK 4.2
scm

Post by scm »

So if we stay away from dealers for two years, the service action expires? Ridiculous. And how does defaulting DM to off stop the car making noise - mine still roars on startup, and a quick flick of the switch enables loud mode again. Is this what I voted remain for?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post