Winter frost problems

Anything F-Type related......
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

I couldnt get into my Defender today doors frozen solid so not just F Type struggling

Can you use the Jaguar remote app earlier in morning? My wife had a nissan leaf that pre-heated for 30 mins every morning about half hour before she left, it was enough to melt any ice from an overnight frost, she's never had to use an ice scraper on it!

mokster

Post by mokster »

I've had the same problem this morning and one other day this year. I've used Gummi Pfledge around the seals including those at the bottom of the window but the window still didn't drop this morning. I used a credit card to get in between the window and the brushed which did the trick.

The passenger door was frozen shut though and required gentle force to open up. But I've previously had problem closing it even after 20 mins of driving!
scm

Post by scm »

Yes, the remote app can be used in just that way. The only irritant with it that I've found is that the car shuts down the remote climate after two days (not the four the app asserts) so if you haven't used the car for three days, you can't start it remotely. Of course, it's no hardship to use the car at least every two days! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

Roll on summer :D
2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers
basher

Post by basher »

My old TT had problems with windows dropping. A jug of warm water fixed that.

F-Type mirrors, handles and windows all frozen for the last few days. Warm water does the trick.
Passenger side too.

Can't be arsed with gummi pflege, especially as it's only useful for window drop. ;)

And I would use remote start, if I could remember my PIN, and if my neighbours didn't mind the sound of my exhaust first thing in the morning! :lol:
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
ftype88

Post by ftype88 »

I did a gummi pfledge and it hasn't helped at all which was a bit disappointing. Is this a problem on the coupes as well as convertibles???

I've just put my car under cover and will probably just wait until it becomes more than 0 degrees again.... having said that I still managed to get the roof down the other day for a drive in the glorious sunshine, with no clouds in the sky and heating turned on to full!
davidd

Post by davidd »

It took me 10 minutes to get into my wife's boxster the other morning and then the doors wouldn't shut. Luckily we don't live somewhere really cold!
chicb

Post by chicb »

As above Gummi pfledge. make sure the seals are dry. If you use a power washer that's the reason your locks, doors & windows are freezing. The water is forced in. Spray some lubricant into the locks
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

had same last year with F-Type and doors - thought the locks were broken! anyway used hair dryer (carefully) and then some WD40 so wouldnt re-occur
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

simpleR wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:16 pm Mine was frozen and iced white over this morning.

Handle wouldn't even move and the wipers were welded to the windscreen so no chance of the windows dropping! I gave up without trying and had a coffee and worked from home instead! :)
Another day working from home for me! Not even attempting it.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post