Gremlins in the system!

Anything F-Type related......
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

On the battery aspect : my car has been idle for some time [3 weeks] due to the salt on the roads. It even stopped sending updates OTA.
I had to open the doors with the remote to wake it up again. Not really a problem as it sits in next to the house, 60m from the road.

What worried me more is the other day it said on the remote app : car can not be located, while it didn't move it for some weeks...
I forgot to make a screenshot. Some days later it said : doors not locked, alarm off, window open.. ..I was looking at it from behind
my desk and none of it was correct... Later on I realised : what if it gets stolen and the last entry is this BS ?!

When I started this morning the voltage was 11.6V , I put a voltagemeter in the socket ...
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag โ€“ 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

The car does shutdown and stop responding after 2 weeks I think. I noticed this when I left mine for 7 weeks. It will say last update as the date it last communicated.

Mine sometimes says Vehicle Location Unknown. The location on map is correct but address says unknown. If you check on website it will be correct. If you come out of app and fully close it then reopen it will report correct position again. The app seems to use the journey data to work out last position and if journeys are updating it reports location unknown. Clearing and deleting old journey data seems to make the app work better.

No idea about battery. Never looked at it and don't intend to. Not had any issues and don't use stop/start. As I reported to Basher my 400 had the same issue last year and had a new antenna to fix location issues.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

The app says the remote module shuts down after 4 days, but I've found mine non-communicable after only two. Unlocking the car seems to fix it temporarily, but you need to drive the car to really wake it up. The cat clearly wants to encourage us to drive it! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
basher

Post by basher »

My app always says my car is parked at work, when it's clearly 5 feet from my front door!

My maps still show I'm somewhere on the Isle of Wight, and in the Solent on my commute. Still haven't called Jaguar about this... will get round to it when I'm not so busy at work.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. ๐Ÿ˜
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

That is 100% like what mine did. I got mine fixed straight away because I didn't want anything to happen like the car got nicked and then you didn't know where it was in case the insurance company asked!!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

simpleR wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:19 pm Mine sometimes says Vehicle Location Unknown. The location on map is correct but address says unknown. If you check on website it will be correct. If you come out of app and fully close it then reopen it will report correct position again. The app seems to use the journey data to work out last position and if journeys are updating it reports location unknown. Clearing and deleting old journey data seems to make the app work better.
Good advice.
From experience with issues on other models with the same system, only logging into the app when needed is good policy.
Clearing old journeys is a good idea as well.
Best done on the website where you can bulk delete as it takes ages on the phone.
Plus on the website you can save old journeys to your device for mileage/accounting purposes.
scm

Post by scm »

Mine's generally pretty reliable on location, except it's never got my house right - it says I'm either parked next door, or at the house over the road! Close enough, though. :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Jolly Jag Man

Post by Jolly Jag Man »

Same issues for me, but took it into dealer today. Satnav worked as normal on start up but after 10 miles on route to the dealer the satnav lost position and showed me driving in a field. Interestingly this happened just as it started to rain heavily and satnav developed problems just as it had on previous wet occasions. Dealer diagnosed problem and replaced aerial / GPS pod under warranty with no issue or reluctance. Satnav now working fine and can now identify changes in house number for last parked location rather than merely a general or incorrect number within the same street location. Great dealer service, in and out within two hours.
V6 380 R-Dynamic AWD
Santorini Black, Black Pack, Panoramic Roof plus a few others
Tel

Post by Tel »

I'm not sure why clearing the journeys seems to affect anything?

FWIW - I have every journey from the day I picked the car up brand new from the dealer...May 2015 still on my old phone and the App works a treat.

Can I suggest that it's not the App at all, but a hardware issue on the car. Not sure if you have tried to 'reboot' the car by disconnecting the battery, this would be my first port of call.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more ๐Ÿ’ฉ
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Tel wrote: โ†‘Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:39 am I'm not sure why clearing the journeys seems to affect anything?

FWIW - I have every journey from the day I picked the car up brand new from the dealer...May 2015 still on my old phone and the App works a treat.
Because as I said in my post it has worked for other people using the same system.
There is a reboot procedure for times when journey logging becomes very slow and can stop altogether which involves re-pairing the car with the Jaguar servers.
But looking at Basher's problems it would seem it's a GPS issue as the car doesn't seem to know where it is in the first place.
The fix Jolly Jag Man had done might sort things out though.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post