Radio comes on when i start car

Anything F-Type related......
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Have had the SVR for nearly a month now and delighted with the car.

one little niggle is every time i start the car the radio auto turns on (i had ensured i turned it off when turning ignition off)

sure it must be a feature setting somewhere but can't find it - anyone any ideas?

Tel

Post by Tel »

Obvious, but have a look through the manual to see if it's been setup in a menu.

Is the radio/infotainment power button switch releasing?
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
asherstoppard

Post by asherstoppard »

Not sure as to the function of the power button but it should remain silent if you turn the volume round to 0... I've got into the habit of doing it but it's a bit of a pain!
2017 (67) F-Type 400 Sport AWD Coupe in Yulong White
2018 (68) E220 Premium Saloon in Diamond White Metallic
scm

Post by scm »

The power button should turn the media system off. My manual says "The media system ... always switches off when the ignition is switched off. Switch the system on again , if required." so implies it should stay off. Interestingly, it says if the volume is turned down to zero any media playing is paused, and resumes when a greater volume is selected. I think, but may be mistaken, that the media turns on if you select from the source button on the steering wheel.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I had a play with entertainment system this morning whilst waiting in hospital car park...... had an hour to wait!
My car remembers what every it was doing at the time I switch the ignition off and I don't see a way of changing this behaviour.

IE.
Car running. No music playing and switched off (the touchscreen says "media off"). Ignition/engine cycled off/on. Music remains off.
Car running. Listening to KISS. Ignition/engine cycled off/on. Music comes back onto KISS radio.
Car running. Listening to Amazon music via bluetooth. Ignition/engine cycled off/on. Music comes back onto bluetooth source as phone reconnects.

HTH
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

Thanks all

i'll have a play to see if anything is left turned on when i turn ignition off - i know my iphone auto connects through bluetooth but didnt think any music was playing on the iphone

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post