F Type ear Subframe corrosion

Anything F-Type related......
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

COUNTESS wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:19 pm Fabulous car for touring the Swiss Alps.
I'll second that.

Hope you had the roof down at every opportunity and enjoyed the panorama viewing 8-)
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

stevejag

Post by stevejag »

Having been able to look at the chassis braces after having her on the lift, while they are ok for the mot which she has just passed I would like to get them changed for new ones which should have been properly rust proofed to last for a lot longer so will find out next week the cost of this and wether there is any comeback on the warranty which may be hopeful but its worth asking .
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

Hi Steve I have a full set of cross braces which have been reconditioned ie shot blasted etched undersealed and painted bought a spare set and did exactly the same then swapped them over you could have them for what they stand me at £250 depending where your located cheers Tony
IRR 3.0 coupe 2015 black pack, design pack , 20” carbon blades,fixed rear spoiler, carbon centre console engine coverunder bonnet trims , flat bottom royal steering wheel red stitching v8 back box rear defuser lots of smiles 😀😀😀
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

Tony , that is very kind of you as I've found out they are daft money to buy new and they aren't any better corrosion protected than they were originally and they haven't got any due to suppliers in EU being unable to make quantities at present so getting mine taken off and cleaned and treated and put back on . Its annoying to look underneath and see rusty chassis braces when everything else is nice and clean and aluminium . They should have made them out of alloy . Thanks again Tony , you obviously take a lot of care over your f type and won't stand for anything like this !
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

I do Steve and like everything to be as clean as possible spent a lot of time and money getting it to how I want it cheers Tony
IRR 3.0 coupe 2015 black pack, design pack , 20” carbon blades,fixed rear spoiler, carbon centre console engine coverunder bonnet trims , flat bottom royal steering wheel red stitching v8 back box rear defuser lots of smiles 😀😀😀
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

I am planning on preparing and painting mine next spring , then applying lanogaurd underbody treatment been reading how good it is compared to waxyol
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

Took ,her into my local excellent garage this morning , all braces coming off to be Galvanised ! When these have been done then the rear box section A frame bracing under the bar brace is coming off- the rear exhaust section has to come off - and go to be Galvanised ! Looking forward to No Rust underneath. needs rubber washers where fixed to aluminium parts or further corrosion will result . Jaguar are guilty of not caring about this problem which they knew would happen , what about the customer !!!!!
Its very upsetting to have to do all this on such a stunning great Jaguar , reminds me of BL and the 70's , horrible thought .
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

It's not just jaguar . BMW are notorious to deal with :cry:
Tjp

Post by Tjp »

stevejag wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:32 am Took ,her into my local excellent garage this morning , all braces coming off to be Galvanised ! When these have been done then the rear box section A frame bracing under the bar brace is coming off- the rear exhaust section has to come off - and go to be Galvanised ! Looking forward to No Rust
Do you mind me asking roughly what your paying for this? Working out if I’m going to tackle it myself or pay someone to do it. Cheers
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

A lot less than getting new ones which at the moment are unattainable and they will last a lot longer ! Haven't got figures yet but it has to be done .
On the subject of BMW's , my z4mc had no steel bits underneath , just alloy so was nice and rust free , can't comment on other beemers .

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post