F Type ear Subframe corrosion

Anything F-Type related......
T50 YOX

Post by T50 YOX »

I decided to go for etching and undersealing then painted to try and give it a bit more protection we’re as with galvanised if it gets chipped water can get underneath and start corroding again cheers Tony
IRR 3.0 coupe 2015 black pack, design pack , 20” carbon blades,fixed rear spoiler, carbon centre console engine coverunder bonnet trims , flat bottom royal steering wheel red stitching v8 back box rear defuser lots of smiles 😀😀😀

stevejag

Post by stevejag »

Not likely to get chipped in this case as they are thickly coated in galvanising solution and when finally I get the whole lot of braces including the rear A frame box section back they will be protected at every mot with waxoyl anyway . The price relates to the weight of the steel to be galvanised .
Caldera red awd v8 fixed spoiler :mrgreen:
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

20220125_141334.jpg

Finally drove the F back this morning with all braces galvanised including the rear A frame , no more rusty F type !
scm

Post by scm »

stevejag wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:28 pm... no more rusty F type !
You've not seen those bolts on the exhaust, then? :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 3572

Post by Deleted User 3572 »

Looks great Steve , I am going to treat mine by other painting or lanogurd or both in better weather
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

scm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:53 pm
stevejag wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:28 pm... no more rusty F type !
You've not seen those bolts on the exhaust, then? :lol:
True , will have to get Chris at the garage to source some stainless bolts/nuts , but the silencer did all come off ok , agreed those bolts are annoying !
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

Beltupandholdon wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:12 pm Looks great Steve , I am going to treat mine by other painting or lanogurd or both in better weather
Its taken a while due to demand at the galvanising place at gt yarmouth near xmas so had to get the rear A frame done in the New year , but worth the wait , will feel a whole lot more relaxed about taking her out now !
S1jor

Post by S1jor »

Can I ask how much the galvanising cost?? And are you local to Yarmouth??
Got mine going into jaguar on Friday to see if they will replace the corroded parts, if not trying pick the best solution
stevejag

Post by stevejag »

S1jor wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:10 pm Can I ask how much the galvanising cost?? And are you local to Yarmouth??
Got mine going into jaguar on Friday to see if they will replace the corroded parts, if not trying pick the best solution
Within 20 miles of Yarmouth , had it done at my local garage so they took the braces in and re fitted as you can't move the F while they are off obviously . Not had invoice yet and will include taking off , putting on , I know the big rear A frame cost £120 plus vat to galvanise which is much cheaper than buying another if you can get one and galvanising lasts a very long time with no maintenance .
Its maybe not the answer for every F owner but it gives Peace Of Mind !!
S1jor

Post by S1jor »

Private messaged you Steve

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post