window auto-lowering problem

Anything F-Type related......
ftype88

Post by ftype88 »

Has anyone else has a similar experience to this?

My 2013 Convertible windows aren't popping down automatically on door opening - the door opens without lowering the window ok, and when i close it it just knocks against the soft top roof and wont close. (I did it quite hard once as I didn't realise and it then lowered itself). If i then lower the window with the switch, close the door, put the window up and open the door again it works normally most of the time! this solution never works if the car is 'off' meaning i have to keep the car 'on' with engine not running and lock the car to get the window closed. Also this seems to affect both sides, but driver side is less reliable.

As this started when it was very cold i assumed it was down to window sticking and used Gummi on all seals, but this is continuing now the weather is much warmer. Considering this is intermittent does it sound like a low voltage battery problem? The battery hasn't been replaced so i'm thinking this might be the solution!
If so has anyone had experience changing it themselves or is it best to get dealer/mechanic to do?

thanks everyone

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I recall another topic on here being similar but cannot find it!

Battery shouldn't affect window drop anyway? If you drive for 10 minutes with AC/climate off and then stop does stop/start kick in? If it does that suggests battery has a good charge. If you then stop the car and retest the window drop at that point does it still not work? Just trying to rule out battery without considering a proper quiescent drain test a dealer would do.

The only thing I found in the manual which doesn't really relate is:

If the battery is disconnected or discharged, or the power supply to a door module is interrupted, one-shot window operation is disabled
until the window position is learned by the affected door module(s). The door glass must be re-programmed:

Close the window fully. Release the switch, then lift it to the close position and hold for 2 seconds.
Repeat this process a total of 5 times, then test the window to ensure one-shot up is enabled.
Repeat this process for each window.

NOTE: The door modules require a minimum of 12 volts to learn the windows, therefore it is advised to have the engine running or an external power supply connected.

I guess you could try that (at your own discretion/risk of course!)
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

Yes ... this is what I was going to suggest, complete the power window recalibration, I think it is covered in the manual :)
ftype88

Post by ftype88 »

Went out to my car today to try out this fix, opened the doors and it's suddenly started working fine on its own again - typical! I have done the above anyway so will see if that stops the problem - thanks guys

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post