Alloy Wheel Insurance

Anything F-Type related......
andrewclarke99

Post by andrewclarke99 »

Hi All

I am looking to take out Alloy Wheel Insurance to cover myself against the dreaded curbing scenario. I have just had an online quote for 3 year cover on 20" wheels for £139.99 This covers 3 years and 9 claims, 3 claims per year.

The quote is from shortfall.co.uk Has anybody heard of them or had any dealings with them or even insured with them? As yet, I have not read the full terms and conditions but looks good value compared to the Jaguar Main Dealer quote today.
400 Sport AWD, Yulong White and lots n lots of Extras

Backofthenet

Post by Backofthenet »

have heard of them - got them to quote for my gap insurance - too expensive - haven't had a quote for alloy wheel insurance but had the gap insurance from warranty direct - very competitive - so could try them for your alloys
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

ALA who I think are a forum sponsor offer alloy wheel insurance.
Their GAP insurance is superb,several of us have this. Not sure on the cost of their alloy wheel insurance but worth asking for a quote.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Interesting that if the quote is for the 3 years and assuming a gross profit margin of say 40% it would indicate the average claim is £33 approx per year.
Read how you wil but shows several possibilities. Clients don’t kerb wheels, they don’t pay out, they do cheap smart repairs.
Business model would not work well if many people maxed the claims on big rims
Just a thought :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

andrewclarke99 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:59 pm I have just had an online quote for 3 year cover on 20" wheels for £139.99 This covers 3 years and 9 claims, 3 claims per year.

The quote is from shortfall.co.uk Has anybody heard of them or had any dealings with them or even insured with them?
I just had a look and got a quote on mine. I don't think you would get 9 repairs in total as the small print sets a limit of a maximum benefit of £150 per alloy over the period of the policy. With good repairs and quotes on 20" satin wheels on a 400 sport costing around £90+ (I've got a slight brush on NSR) your only going to be able to get one wheel done once within the policy. I guess it depends on the amount of damage and labour as well so quotes will vary!

Obviously still good value as long as you don't always hit the same wheel! And as long as your aware that your 3yr policy isn't just for 3yrs but has limits per alloy. I prefer to take my car to someone I trust rather than someone being sent to me. But yeah looks good.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

simpleR wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:58 am
andrewclarke99 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:59 pm I have just had an online quote for 3 year cover on 20" wheels for £139.99 This covers 3 years and 9 claims, 3 claims per year.

The quote is from shortfall.co.uk Has anybody heard of them or had any dealings with them or even insured with them?
I just had a look and got a quote on mine. I don't think you would get 9 repairs in total as the small print sets a limit of a maximum benefit of £150 per alloy over the period of the policy. With good repairs and quotes on 20" satin wheels on a 400 sport costing around £90+ (I've got a slight brush on NSR) your only going to be able to get one wheel done once within the policy. I guess it depends on the amount of damage and labour as well so quotes will vary!

Obviously still good value as long as you don't always hit the same wheel! And as long as your aware that your 3yr policy isn't just for 3yrs but has limits per alloy. I prefer to take my car to someone I trust rather than someone being sent to me. But yeah looks good.
That rather confims my quick analysis of policy cost to potential benefit
Just confirms I'll stick with my trusted repairer and take the pain of near £100 a rim for 20" incl any required straightening, welding, etc. and not average Jo smart repair co.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
400P

Post by 400P »

Ive got car gap insurance with ALA and also used them for my previous car. A friend had Alloy insurance with them and had at least 3 claims which were all dealt with no hassle with them.
- RWD 400 Sport -
01286p

Post by 01286p »

Frankly,I would not bother with Insurance, just go and have 4 Gator Wheel Protectors fitted.
I have had them for two years and they have taken a beating from what would have been scuffs caused by dropping into pot holes etc.,, not a mark on the wheel

I have just had two tear tyres fitted and the fitter was able to refit them at no extra cost.
Neeraj

Post by Neeraj »

01286p wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:15 pm Frankly,I would not bother with Insurance, just go and have 4 Gator Wheel Protectors fitted.
I have had them for two years and they have taken a beating from what would have been scuffs caused by dropping into pot holes etc.,, not a mark on the wheel
GBWhatsApp APK
I have just had two tear tyres fitted and the fitter was able to refit them at no extra cost.
And how much those protectors cost you?
TimHB

Post by TimHB »

I wish I had insurance now. Unfortunately I drove through a pot hole up in the Lakes, ripped the tyre & severely buckled my front wheel. Anyone know where I can pick up a "Volution" 20" wheel in dark grey (not available on the Jag website in that colour)?
V6S 380bhp British Design Edition in Ultra Blue

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post