used price variation

Anything F-Type related......
Angusweir

Post by Angusweir »

Hi all,

lusting after an f-type for years, can't quite afford one yet, but looking more seriously :D and I wanted some advice on what is a reasonable price differential for the different places to buy. So from a Jaguar dealer if the price is 35k, what other options are there and how much cheaper represents a reasonable risk (and how do I reduce the risk)?

I know that this is a big question, but when reading the forum there is so much experience and knowledge this seemed a good place to enquire.

Many thanks

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I think that is quite a difficult question to answer because I doubt you will find two the same for sale at the same time (as in history, model, options, colour, mileage, number of owners, etc) to be able to compare..... accurately.

From doing many history checks for people on here, I would suggest the "better" used examples are found at a Jaguar dealer and of course used F-Type should come with 2yr Jaguar used approved warranty, a full history check and hopefully a knowledgeable dealer who will check the common items and resolve them before it goes on sale (such as replacement of rear brace if needed etc). Of course that comes with a slight premium I guess because Jaguar are offering it as an approved vehicle.

All the best with the search. If you wish to have a history search then feel free to post or PM any reg plates.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
AsifG

Post by AsifG »

I would buy privately if possible but with a Jag warranty. For example there's one privately on Autotrader now for £36k with 15 months Jag warranty so a pretty safe bet, and cheaper than a dealer
Last edited by AsifG on Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Similar approach to AsifG, I bought from an independent dealer because the one I found came with both manufacturer warranty and service pack, courtesy of the first keeper ... so all the ‘safety’ of buying from main dealer whilst not paying the premium ... happy hunting ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
basher

Post by basher »

Senninha wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:30 pm Similar approach to AsifG, I bought from an independent dealer because the one I found came with both manufacturer warranty and service pack, courtesy of the first keeper ... so all the ‘safety’ of buying from main dealer whilst not paying the premium ... happy hunting ...
I agree... I bought from an independent luxury car dealer. Mine also came with full warranty & 3yr service pack.

I also pushed my budget up by £5K to get a <1yr old car with 1K miles.
Didn't make a huge difference to my monthly PCP payments.

Good luck with your search.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Angusweir

Post by Angusweir »

Thanks for all the info, it has certainly narrowed the options a bit. All I need now is the dosh. But that doesn't stop me from looking everywhere.

Any recommended non-Jaguar dealers?

Thanks for the offer of a history search, simpleR
basher

Post by basher »

Angusweir wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:18 am Any recommended non-Jaguar dealers?
I bought mine from https://www.lodgemotor.co.uk/
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post