Major Service

Anything F-Type related......
SESH

Post by SESH »

My F Type V6S is due a four year major service soon, so I thought I would investigate main dealer service charges as I would like to keep the car with full Jaguar main dealer history.
It was interesting, as a couple started off at over £700 including labour and parts. But when I mentioned the JLR main service prices listed online being only £445 they immediately reduced their price to meet the JLR pricing structure. However one main dealer who are about 25 miles from me told me they were having a special promotion at the moment and that a major service would be £385.00 all inc and the interim service if I needed that, would be £225.00 all inc.
I went back to my local dealer, who are just a few miles from home, to see if they would price match as they had done in the past. The service agent was adamant that they wouldn't and said I should take the other dealer up on their offer. I also mentioned the cross brace issue. A year ago at the last service I complained that rust was forming on the brace and the attachments. They investigated and said it was normal corrosion for an F Type and wasn't covered under warranty. I accepted that at the time but got the cross braces cleaned up and re-painted at a local garage. I mentioned the Jaguar SSM number to the service agent who then told me that the SSM only applied to cars under warranty and mine was now out of warranty and that I couldn't have them replaced.
I am, to say the least, very disappointed with the service levels from this dealer and the fact that the service agent couldn't even be bothered to investigate. They just didn't seem at all interested in securing service business and his attitude was really blaze.
Obviously I will be taking the car to the dealer who is 25 miles away. Not too much of a problem as they will collect it and re-deliver.
Mike
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Highland Green
1966 Corvette Stingray Big Block
1973 E Type Convertible
1963 Triumph TR4
Ex F Type V6S MY2016

JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Location and dealer's name to help us avoid them?
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
SESH

Post by SESH »

Without naming the main dealer, you can see my location on the right of my post.
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Highland Green
1966 Corvette Stingray Big Block
1973 E Type Convertible
1963 Triumph TR4
Ex F Type V6S MY2016
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Mike,
Actually I don't see anything wrong in much of this.
Dealers are independent and can decide if and when to make special offers and if they want to adjust prices to match others.
For sure staff should be better trained in some dealers about what does and does not qualify for discounted service plans and there is no need for them to be blasé. At my last service 2 dealers told me F types are excluded from the 5 year programme and one said they'd do it
Personally I'd be pretty pissed if there was a set price by Jaguar and nobody could discount or deviate. We'd soon be moaning strongly about cartels.

I used to do exactly as you do and go to a dealer 30 miles away due to discounted prices, free collections, courtesy cars and generally better service, but this is the beauty of shopping around. Same with buying or doing pretty much everything. If you research you get better prices

As for the rear braces. The parts out of warranty, cosmetic only and really not an issue. Mines pushing 6 years old and no concerns about it. For sure we expect better from a premium car and indeed looks like the upgraded the part on later cars and for those under warranty

Just my perspective on life
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

My 2018 is due for first service, dealer quoted me €600-£520, I asked what it covers and was told oil and filter change and fluid checks and overall checks, also any updates which are free, well supposed to be. I kindly told them, your mad, getting it done at a garage that specializes in performance cars, with genuine parts and stamped book for half the price, I not paying for the dealers fancy showroom. O yea and the genuine oil filter costs less than £15.00
Caledra Red 2018 2.0 R Dynamic
Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
305/25/21 rears 265/30/21 fronts
Maxton design rear lip spoiler & rear diffuser splitters
Rear box delete, twin straight pipes fitted
scm

Post by scm »

powerhouse wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:25 pm... getting it done at a garage that specializes in performance cars, with genuine parts and stamped book for half the price ...
You have a book to stamp? :shock:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

scm wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:36 pm
powerhouse wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:25 pm... getting it done at a garage that specializes in performance cars, with genuine parts and stamped book for half the price ...
You have a book to stamp? :shock:
service book
Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
scm

Post by scm »

What model year do you have? I didn't get a service book with my MY18.
powerhouse

Post by powerhouse »

scm wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:58 pm What model year do you have? I didn't get a service book with my MY18.
march 2018 2.0

done5.jpg

don7.jpg

don3.jpg

don2.jpg

don1.jpg

Last edited by powerhouse on Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Pack
Project 7 Grill
Eibach Lowering Springs
Judd Model One 21" Rims
scm

Post by scm »

powerhouse wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:23 pm
scm wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:58 pm What model year do you have? I didn't get a service book with my MY18.
march 2018
Interesting. When I asked the dealer about the service book he said "it's all online now, no book to stamp".

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post