Stuttering issue when changing gears when accelerate hard

Anything F-Type related......
pedroo

Post by pedroo »

Hi all,

My first post on here although I've read a fair amount over the last year. I've got a low millage (11,000 miles) 2013 reg V6 that I have had for the last year and a half with no issues.

Last week it went for the second service under my ownership (at official Jag dealership) and after its come back I now have an issue when the car stutters when shifting up gears when you really put your foot down. I'm not very technical but it is a type of shuddering as it shifts. It was raining the first time I took it out and my initial though was it the traction control kicking it. I've taken it out in the dry and it is still doing it. If you slowly speed it up then there is no issue.

I've booked it back into the dealership but just wanted to see if its a problem that anyone else has had on here and what the consensus is whether I should be paying for any repairs given it working fine before it went in for service.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi, welcome, and sorry to hear of issues.

That is not something I have seen on the forum. Do you have the V6 or V6S.... just thinking about the diff potentially if it is an S. Presuming all the obvious things such as tyres, tyre wear, pressures, suspension, etc are all OK.

You say you had the car for 1.5 years. Did you buy from a Jaguar dealer, if so you should have the 2-yr Jaguar extended warranty in which case I would hope anything mechanical would be covered.

Please don't be a one time poster, share some pictures and let everyone know the resolution. Everyone is really helpful and the forum is only as good as the people who post (with issues and hopefully resolutions).
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

are you hitting the rev limiter?
pedroo

Post by pedroo »

No its just the cheap V6 so don't think its the diff. Yeah all the other stuff if fine as far as I know.

No I bought the car privately from a classic car dealer that had bought it from some royalty type figure in Malta that had been given the car as a gift and never really driven it. The classic car dealer showed me around the entire collection or 200+ cars for sale including a £500k+ DB5 and £150k+ E Type to name a few. This chap had then bought it from this chap in Malta and imported it to the UK from his wife to drive in the summer. It however ending up in storage most of the time so it was getting rid of it with on 7,000 miles on the clock. Anyway that's a long way of telling you I don't have dealership warranty!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Well an interesting history!! I would be interested to see the Jaguar online history for the import as there are a couple of other members looking to export UK LHD to the continent.

Hope you get an answer and it fixed without too much issue/cost.
pedroo

Post by pedroo »

gasgas wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:55 pm are you hitting the rev limiter?
I can't be sure on the exact revs but from memory it happens at at 3500-4000 rpm (as it is trying to shift up). Its definitely something that has happened during the service as it used to be nice clean acceleration with quick shifts when you put your foot down.

Thankss
pedroo

Post by pedroo »

simpleR wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:24 pm Well an interesting history!! I would be interested to see the Jaguar online history for the import as there are a couple of other members looking to export UK LHD to the continent.

Hope you get an answer and it fixed without too much issue/cost.
How do I check the online history?

Yes the nice thing is Malta is RHD so the only reminder I have is that the analogue speedo is in KPM but the digital speedo is changed to MPH.

Thanks
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Google "Jaguar Topix" and "Jaguar OSH" (online service history) as a starting point.....

Topix requires you to register first (for free as an independent) OSH just needs your VIN number.
davidd

Post by davidd »

What if you hold it in gear and accelerate through 3000 - 5000 rpm?Does it hesitate then?
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

Did they change spark plugs as part the service?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post