Service/history checker.

Anything F-Type related......
Docman

Post by Docman »

dbv6s wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:40 am Normal giveaway on a fleet car is the first 2 letters of the plate, OV, OU, OY (few others but they are the most common) are part of the fleet.
Text beneath the plate normally saying “Jaguar cars”
Thanks. Number plates were remade by the dealer so only has their company name on it. Do you know if there is a difference between how they advertise online? As I’ve seen “ex management” as well as “ex-private owner”. Hoping it’s just one owner

Glaf

Post by Glaf »

I think it’s worth noting that we purchased our F Type from an authorised and reputable independent JLR dealer in Essex. It was an ex private contract hire car owned by LEX with full main dealer service history and very low mileage.

The reason for not purchasing new was price as we purchased it at almost 40% of its original price which we considered quite a saving.

The original reg was not as previously mentioned so maybe this just applies to JLR fleet cars.

We’ve toured all over the UK in it trouble free and would highly recommend an F Type to any potential buyer.

I’ve driven all models including the Project 7 and they are all stunning looking vehicles. It all depends on your budget as to what you end up buying.
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

-----------------
The author, that's me by the way!!, assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained below is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy or usefulness.
------------------

Paragon - Almost all Jaguar cars starting OE, OV, OU, OW or OY are Jaguars fleet rental firm - Paragon Fleet Solutions based out of Oxford. You will see Paragon on the PDI on the service record and then they usually service them within 12 months (but not always) before they are passed back to Jaguar Dealers. Paragon was sold to British Car Auctions trading as "BCA Fleet Solutions Ltd" in late 2018 but Paragon is still appearing on PDI records on other Jaguar brands so seems to have been retained as trading name for now.

Jaguar use Paragon to distribute their cars to the corporate sector. This could be either a traditional company car, a leasing company, car hire company like AVIS, the dealers managers car, the garages demonstrator or loan car, a private short term lease, magazine cars, track cars, even the showroom room car!

Paragon then take the cars back after a set period, typically 6-12 months, service them and then Jaguar dealers purchase the best for the approved used scheme (and the rest go off for auction and end up outside of Jaguar franchise).
BCA basically have a huge car park of "O" plated cars - sneaky picture from BCA in 2016:

Capture.PNG

I have contacted Paragon previously and BCA recently to see if they would release information on who the cars went to but as they are not a public entity they are not bound by the freedom of information act and have declined to reply on multiple occasions. I requested an Excel file with two columns. Reg Plate and name of establishment that had the car. IE OY65 XXX, Business Name. Where there was no business name leave blank as presumed that went to an individual.

In summary if it is a Paragon car but serviced correctly within 12 months by Paragon or Jaguar dealer as used approved then I think it is safe to say it is a good one. Otherwise Jaguar wouldn't have it back. I would say 99.9% of "O" plate Jaguar cars are completely OK from the history checks I have done. You will just never know who actually had it first.

If it is Paragon and then goes missing, misses first service and then ends up at COPART or Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground then check history a little more.

We have seen others run as VMax cars, test cars, AVIS had 5 doing the NC500 in Scotland or if you look at any review of a Jaguar it will be an "O" plate. The only exception is that some Paragon cars are not always "O" plates. Some press cars are PDI at the factory and end up with a non "O" plate but these are typically first models off the production line. For example there is an XE-S on the sister forum which was number 263 off the production line and has an unknown history via COPART which someone is looking at which is very cheap. For F-types they will be 62 plates as seen on Top Gear when they met on the mall in London.

In summary - nothing to worry about with an "O" plate I think.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Docman

Post by Docman »

simpleR wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:51 am -----------------
The author, that's me by the way!!, assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained below is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy or usefulness.
------------------

Paragon - Almost all Jaguar cars starting OE, OV, OU, OW or OY are Jaguars fleet rental firm - Paragon Fleet Solutions based out of Oxford. You will see Paragon on the PDI on the service record and then they usually service them within 12 months (but not always) before they are passed back to Jaguar Dealers. Paragon was sold to British Car Auctions trading as "BCA Fleet Solutions Ltd" in late 2018 but Paragon is still appearing on PDI records on other Jaguar brands so seems to have been retained as trading name for now.

Jaguar use Paragon to distribute their cars to the corporate sector. This could be either a traditional company car, a leasing company, car hire company like AVIS, the dealers managers car, the garages demonstrator or loan car, a private short term lease, magazine cars, track cars, even the showroom room car!

Paragon then take the cars back after a set period, typically 6-12 months, service them and then Jaguar dealers purchase the best for the approved used scheme (and the rest go off for auction and end up outside of Jaguar franchise).
BCA basically have a huge car park of "O" plated cars - sneaky picture from BCA in 2016:
Capture.PNG

I have contacted Paragon previously and BCA recently to see if they would release information on who the cars went to but as they are not a public entity they are not bound by the freedom of information act and have declined to reply on multiple occasions. I requested an Excel file with two columns. Reg Plate and name of establishment that had the car. IE OY65 XXX, Business Name. Where there was no business name leave blank as presumed that went to an individual.

In summary if it is a Paragon car but serviced correctly within 12 months by Paragon or Jaguar dealer as used approved then I think it is safe to say it is a good one. Otherwise Jaguar wouldn't have it back. I would say 99.9% of "O" plate Jaguar cars are completely OK from the history checks I have done. You will just never know who actually had it first.

If it is Paragon and then goes missing, misses first service and then ends up at COPART or Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground then check history a little more.

We have seen others run as VMax cars, test cars, AVIS had 5 doing the NC500 in Scotland or if you look at any review of a Jaguar it will be an "O" plate. The only exception is that some Paragon cars are not always "O" plates. Some press cars are PDI at the factory and end up with a non "O" plate but these are typically first models off the production line. For example there is an XE-S on the sister forum which was number 263 off the production line and has an unknown history via COPART which someone is looking at which is very cheap. For F-types they will be 62 plates as seen on Top Gear when they met on the mall in London.

In summary - nothing to worry about with an "O" plate I think.

Thanks for that SimpleR. The next issue for me then comes to whether this particular Jaguar dealer “misrepped” me as
per the Misrepresentation Act. The car was sold to me as “ex private owner” but if it is the case that my car was an ex rental then I’ll have a case on my hand. That’s what I’m trying to find out. If there is anyway of knowing whether it ended up with an individual or it was under an umbrella and used by multiple individuals...?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Docman wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:25 am Thanks for that SimpleR. The next issue for me then comes to whether this particular Jaguar dealer “misrepped” me as
per the Misrepresentation Act. The car was sold to me as “ex private owner” but if it is the case that my car was an ex rental then I’ll have a case on my hand. That’s what I’m trying to find out. If there is anyway of knowing whether it ended up with an individual or it was under an umbrella and used by multiple individuals...?
As I said
"I have contacted Paragon previously and BCA recently to see if they would release information on who the cars went to but as they are not a public entity they are not bound by the freedom of information act and have declined to reply on multiple occasions. I requested an Excel file with two columns. Reg Plate and name of establishment that had the car. IE OY65 XXX, Business Name. Where there was no business name leave blank as presumed that went to an individual"

Made slightly harder as Paragon Fleet Solutions don't exist anymore!
You could try the company who took them over - https://www.british-car-auctions.co.uk/Contact/ - to see if they know anything.

If you are the second owner then the v5C will list previous owner, which was Paragon Fleet Solutions, not the actual person, persons or business who were driving it. I don't know a way of finding out unless Jaguar Customer Services would know?

Your car appears online in two places which I have PM'ed to you. Don't think that will help either though.

Phone: 0345 303 2303
Email: jagcrc@jaguarlandrover.com
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

simpleR wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:51 am

Just a small update. BCA, who own Paragon Fleet Solutions, have published some of the information from 2022 (5 month period) on the closed JLR auctions which includes all JLR cars (of which some are F-Types) which are all 'O' plate, 'V' and some of the new KT regs.

The cars come under one of three descriptions:

1) Ex Corporate Repurchase
A Jaguar/Land Rover vehicle previously owned by a vehicle rental company or allocated to a fleet available to JLR customers and partners.
Possible multiple users.

2) Ex Jaguar Internal Fleet
A Jaguar/Land Rover vehicle previously allocated to a fleet available to JLR customers and partners.
Possible multiple users.

3) Ex Jaguar Management
A Jaguar/Land Rover vehicle previously allocated to an individual employee.

And have one of three status:

1) No damage

2) This Vehicle is CAT 7. Any issues would have to be absorbed by the purchasing Retailer & cannot be submitted onto the claims portal. Once purchased there would be no comeback on the vehicle. Unsure what this means.

3) Previous Accident Damage. Now Repaired. (With repair price such as one F-Type which says £7615.95)
I am presuming these are repaired internally as the one I looked up had no previous damage recorded.

Hope that is helpful.
1007mark

Post by 1007mark »

Hi.. simpleR

I have also been looking at an F Type with an OE plate

Could I ask for a history check on OE18HBK please?

Many thanks..
1007mark

Post by 1007mark »

simpleR wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:36 pm
simpleR wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:51 am

Just a small update. BCA, who own Paragon Fleet Solutions, have published some of the information from 2022 (5 month period) on the closed JLR auctions which includes all JLR cars (of which some are F-Types) which are all 'O' plate, 'V' and some of the new KT regs.

The cars come under one of three descriptions:

1) Ex Corporate Repurchase
A Jaguar/Land Rover vehicle previously owned by a vehicle rental company or allocated to a fleet available to JLR customers and partners.
Possible multiple users.

2) Ex Jaguar Internal Fleet
A Jaguar/Land Rover vehicle previously allocated to a fleet available to JLR customers and partners.
Possible multiple users.

3) Ex Jaguar Management
A Jaguar/Land Rover vehicle previously allocated to an individual employee.

And have one of three status:

1) No damage

2) This Vehicle is CAT 7. Any issues would have to be absorbed by the purchasing Retailer & cannot be submitted onto the claims portal. Once purchased there would be no comeback on the vehicle. Unsure what this means.

3) Previous Accident Damage. Now Repaired. (With repair price such as one F-Type which says £7615.95)
I am presuming these are repaired internally as the one I looked up had no previous damage recorded.

Hope that is helpful.

Hi.. simpleR

I have also been looking at an F Type with an OE plate

Could I ask for a history check on OE18HBK please?

Many thanks..
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Car 58017
2L in Caldera Red.

First owner Paragon, FJSH, nothing to report.

As alway recommend a full check using a service such as Car Vertical
1007mark

Post by 1007mark »

simpleR wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:46 pm Car 58017
2L in Caldera Red.

First owner Paragon, FJSH, nothing to report.

As alway recommend a full check using a service such as Car Vertical

Many thanks …👍🏽

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post