Service/history checker.

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

PhilB wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:36 pm I do look at the others except the IPace forum as I have no idea WTF they are going on about.
I have an idea , but have no intention of swapping my F-Type for all the hassles reported there! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

Docman

Post by Docman »

Hi Simple R. I’ve recently found the in the service history that my car had its PDI by Paragon. It was sold to me as a private owner car but now I’m worried it’s actually a fleet car/ JLR management car. Are you able to check for me?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Docman wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:41 pm Hi Simple R. I’ve recently found that in the service history that my car had its PDI by Paragon. It was sold to me as a private owner car but now I’m worried it’s actually a fleet car/ JLR management car. Are you able to check for me?
Hi, it might of been a private owner as in a lease car, company car etc to an individual. Yeah PM me a reg and I'll have a look.

BTW all history checks now come with a free note to say "your car is fitted with a petrol filler cap holder". I'm petitioning Jaguar to add it as a feature on Topix :lol:
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Docman

Post by Docman »

simpleR wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:49 pm
Docman wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:41 pm Hi Simple R. I’ve recently found that in the service history that my car had its PDI by Paragon. It was sold to me as a private owner car but now I’m worried it’s actually a fleet car/ JLR management car. Are you able to check for me?
Hi, it might of been a private owner as in a lease car, company car etc to an individual. Yeah PM me a reg and I'll have a look.

BTW all history checks now come with a free note to say "your car is fitted with a petrol filler cap holder". I'm petitioning Jaguar to add it as a feature on Topix :lol:

Thanks for quick reply. Much appreciated. I’m new to the forum so it’s not allowing me to PM anyone? Or have I misunderstood?

Lol @ petrol filler cap holder
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

I have personally owned numerous prestige cars on lease/contract hire over the years and the servicing tended to be carried out by a main dealer regardless of cost.

With this in mind I wouldn’t necessarily be put of by ex fleet cars etc. A vehicles full service history is much more transparent and easily accessible nowadays.

Hope this helps... 😉
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Docman wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:12 pm Thanks for quick reply. Much appreciated. I’m new to the forum so it’s not allowing me to PM anyone? Or have I misunderstood?

You cannot create/send a PM until you've made 5 posts. I've PM'ed you and you should be able to reply I think/hope.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Docman

Post by Docman »

simpleR wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:41 pm
Docman wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:12 pm Thanks for quick reply. Much appreciated. I’m new to the forum so it’s not allowing me to PM anyone? Or have I misunderstood?

You cannot create/send a PM until you've made 5 posts. I've PM'ed you and you should be able to reply I think/hope.
I’ll have a look. Thank you.
Docman

Post by Docman »

Glaf wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:19 pm I have personally owned numerous prestige cars on lease/contract hire over the years and the servicing tended to be carried out by a main dealer regardless of cost.

With this in mind I wouldn’t necessarily be put of by ex fleet cars etc. A vehicles full service history is much more transparent and easily accessible nowadays.

Hope this helps... 😉
Thank you. Just worried as to the resale if it was a fleet car :s
scm

Post by scm »

i'm on my second JLR management car (first was a 2010 XKR) and they were both fine and low mileage (managers live near work and are too busy to have time to drive far!). Different story if they've been used as demonstrators for press days, etc, of course.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Normal giveaway on a fleet car is the first 2 letters of the plate, OV, OU, OY (few others but they are the most common) are part of the fleet.
Text beneath the plate normally saying “Jaguar cars”

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post