F-Type V6 Sound 2019

Anything F-Type related......
falkenhayn

Post by falkenhayn »

Did anybody already compare the sound of the 2019 F-Type V6 (which include the new particulate filter) to the old ones? I only found a comparison video or opinions about the V8, but not the V6 unfortunately. There is a lot of drama conerning the new V8 because the sound seems to be castrated compared to before.

Maybe someone who got a new V6 F-Type this year could make a small sound video?

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Welcome to the forum falkenhayn.

Maybe a little introduction would be good too - and photos of course :)
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
falkenhayn

Post by falkenhayn »

Thanks Lunar.

I will make an introduction soon, however my F-Type V6 will arrive in about three months so it will take some time. ;-)
falkenhayn

Post by falkenhayn »

So was somebody else able to hear the sound of a 2019 F-Type V6? It's really a shame that there is still not even one video on youtube of it.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Ah gone are the days when you could ram a brush handle up the silencer to smash the baffles out.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

I remember you asking me this on another thread. I think you’re stressing over nothing. It sounds great. My F-Type (also a P340) is just over a week old now and I’m not driving it hard (whilst running it in) but have had some pretty great pops and crackles from the back. How would you want the sound clip recorded? Car stationary or moving?

Also, can anyone explain how you get those pops and crackles? I haven’t figured out how to do it other than by accident...
MY20 F-Type P340
vika01

Post by vika01 »

Blueone wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:25 pm I remember you asking me this on another thread. I think you’re stressing over nothing. It sounds great. My F-Type (also a P340) is just over a week old now and I’m not driving it hard (whilst running it in) but have had some pretty great pops and crackles from the back. How would you want the sound clip recorded? Car stationary or moving?

Also, can anyone explain how you get those pops and crackles? I haven’t figured out how to do it other than by accident...
The whole point is the 2019 doesn’t have pops and crackles like the older F-type versions back in 2014-2016 etc. They did a software update.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
Blueone

Post by Blueone »

vika01 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:28 pm
Blueone wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:25 pm I remember you asking me this on another thread. I think you’re stressing over nothing. It sounds great. My F-Type (also a P340) is just over a week old now and I’m not driving it hard (whilst running it in) but have had some pretty great pops and crackles from the back. How would you want the sound clip recorded? Car stationary or moving?

The whole point is the 2019 doesn’t have pops and crackles like the older F-type versions back in 2014-2016 etc. They did a software update.
Doesn’t have pops/crackles at all or aren’t as loud as previous V6 models? Either way the car makes a great noise...
MY20 F-Type P340
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Vika will mean the latter - less than older cars
I’ve got a 14 plate and have driven a 19 plate - both sounded great. Can’t say I noticed a significant difference

As for the question about forcing pops / crackles, easiest way;
Exhaust on
Dynamic mode
Get on the paddles and lift off at anything above 3,500rpm
falkenhayn

Post by falkenhayn »

You are right blueone, thank you and the others for the responses. It's good to hear that the exhaust doesn't seem as castrated as the one for the V8.
As far as I have read the pops and crackles are still there, just not as extreme as before.

Exactly, exhaust on, dynamic on, change gear to S and paddles were the best combination vor pops.

I would still appreciate a video blue one, it's alright if you just record the start up and some revving. Thanks.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post