F-Type V6 Sound 2019

Anything F-Type related......
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

You might find the farting kicks in above 3k revs.
When you lift off just tap the throttle - not enough to accelerate - a few times and you’ll find the reports extend for longer 😉
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

Blueone

Post by Blueone »

I haven’t done a video/audio yet but I just wanted to say I tried out the instructions re getting the pops and crackles (didn’t drive the car hard to do it) and let off at just over 3,500rpm once the car had been driving for an hour or so, and the sounds are outrageous! You honesty have nothing to worry about. Will sort a video/audio at some point. I couldn’t stop smiling. Sounds fantastic and so fun!
MY20 F-Type P340
scm

Post by scm »

And, as noted, tapping the throttle lightly keeps the pops going ... and going ... and going .... :D
BTW, you don't have to wait an hour, as soon as the temp reaches normal you can go for it! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
falkenhayn

Post by falkenhayn »

Great to hear blueone, can't wait for my car to arrive now!
falkenhayn

Post by falkenhayn »

Youtube recommended me a video of a F-Type 2019 which has a start up at 0:50 :

I think there isn't much of a difference but you do notice that the sound is a little dampened because of the OPF compared to the F-Type 400 e.g.:

Well, I will make my own experience very soon anyway, just got a message that my P340 will arrive on monday or tuesday. I will share my experience then. ;-)
vika01

Post by vika01 »

In those videos the 400 has a cold start. The 2019 model has a warm start. And we don’t know if the exhaust button was on while they started the engines.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
scm

Post by scm »

Shouldn't make a difference - warm or cold the valves open by default on startup. Or are you suggesting you disable the valves before starting (i.e. you switch the car on without foot on brake first)?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
falkenhayn

Post by falkenhayn »

You are correct, it's hard to say if the 2019 V6 has the button activated or not. I used to notice that a start up in Dynamic with the button activated is louder than in Normal. Also it's not quite a warm start but it may be in between where it's also just a bit quieter.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Of course it’s great and I totally love my early V6S, but listen to this. Straight pipe La Ferrari . Skip to 8.12 if you’re impatient

2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
vika01

Post by vika01 »

scm wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:08 pm Shouldn't make a difference - warm or cold the valves open by default on startup. Or are you suggesting you disable the valves before starting (i.e. you switch the car on without foot on brake first)?
Some do that before turning on the engine. In videos I have seen a cold started F-type sounds louder at startup.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post