Vents

Anything F-Type related......
AdrianL

Post by AdrianL »

So my heater only blows warm air out of the little side window vents not the larger ones below , seems odd is it a fault or normal ?
2019MY i4

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Not sure but I thought the small side vents come on with the windscreen demist & the others come on when you select the middle option on the graphic. Face heating. Obviously if you have the face one selected the unit rises from the centre of the dash & if not selected stays down.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
scm

Post by scm »

steviegtr wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:11 pmFace heating. Obviously if you have the face one selected the unit rises from the centre of the dash & if not selected stays down.
Are you sure about that? In my experience, the centre vents only rise (if set to Auto) when the car deems cooling is necessary - mine used to rise every trip during summer but hasn't popped up at all during the cold weather. I had to switch them to "Always open" to make sure they were still working. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
jimbo1958

Post by jimbo1958 »

scm wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:41 pm
steviegtr wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:11 pmFace heating. Obviously if you have the face one selected the unit rises from the centre of the dash & if not selected stays down.
Are you sure about that? In my experience, the centre vents only rise (if set to Auto) when the car deems cooling is necessary - mine used to rise every trip during summer but hasn't popped up at all during the cold weather. I had to switch them to "Always open" to make sure they were still working. ;)
This is how mine works.....thought I had a fault but read this is how they work elsewhere.
F-type v6s Roadster - Firesand
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Ok so my car is 2017 v8 R AWD. On your infotainment screen surround you will have next to top left button shows 2 arrows for air direction. Press it. This will open the menu on the screen. On there you have 3 sections. Top Middle & bottom for screen demist, Face vents & finally foot vents. Touch the middle one to highlight it & the centre vent unit will rise. You must have it turned off.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

P.S it has nothing to do with the weather. It does both heating & cooling on all vents within the car. Those side vents you mentioned are definitely just for screen demist which is the top section on your display.
AdrianL

Post by AdrianL »

So I have been all through the infotainment system (new big one) all i can find is how to make the center vents stay up all the time , I cant for the love of all things good find how to blow warm air out of the side vents , Ive play with every knob and setting I can find, nothing , they must only work with AC not heating which seems mad to me .
2019MY i4
SOLDES

Post by SOLDES »

Tried this last night after reading this topic. Went to the AC screen and clicked the arrow pointing to the driver. Turned the heat way up and vents raised to blow warm air. I hate that in modern cars with auto controlled heating/cooling the majority of warm air comes from the feet vents.
Nick
P300 First edition
Eiger grey / Mars red
scm

Post by scm »

SOLDES wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:15 pmI hate that in modern cars with auto controlled heating/cooling the majority of warm air comes from the feet vents.
But it makes sense - hot air rises so if your heat comes out of the top vents it's just going to heat up the roof! Likewise, cool air from the top vents will drop to cool your feet. Simple physics. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
SOLDES

Post by SOLDES »

I understand why, but (how to word this without sounding wrong) in general my body temperature is higher then normal and hate hot air directly to body parts (in this case feet). Using defrost or directly to the driver I can stand a bit better because like you mentioned a part of it already went up ;)
P300 First edition
Eiger grey / Mars red

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post